Chapter 15

"Have you found anything for Steve?" Pepper asked Cora as her white high heels clicked along the tile floor.

Cora, Natasha and Pepper had all decided to go shopping together for Christmas. It gave them all some much needed girls' time, and some much needed girls' talk.

Cora shook her head. "No. I asked him to give me some ideas, but he was very insistent that he didn't want me to spend money on him." Frowning, Cora watched a couple making out on a bench just outside of the Macy's store they were leaving. "I have absolutely no idea what to get him...although, I do have an idea of something. It's just, I don't think it's something someone would normally give their boyfriend."

"Well what is it?" Natasha hefted her purse up higher on her shoulder and adjusted her bag. She and Pepper had been having no trouble shopping for the people on their lists.

Cora had managed to find something for everyone except Steve, and he was the person she was most excited about getting something for. "Well," reaching into her pocket she pulled out a small picture she had torn from a magazine. "I was thinking I could find something like this and maybe get it inscribed."

Pepper and Natasha both broke into wide grins. "Oh, it's perfect!" Pepper took the picture to look over it. "I know a store that should have a decent selection. And they do engravings. We can go there when we get done here at the mall."

"Oh, hey let's go in here!" Natasha dragged Cora and Pepper both into Victoria's Secret.

They all walked around, looking at various items. Pepper and Natasha both seemed hell bent on talking Cora into buying lingerie, but she honestly had no clue where to start.

Stopping by a display of crotchless panties, Cora said "You know, I'm not so sure Steve would like me in this kind of thing."

"How about this?" Natasha held up a see through baby doll made to look like a Santa suit.

Shaking her head no, Cora wandered away from them towards the back of the store where she found something that intrigued her. Picking it up, she looked it over, then laid it back down.

"Get it." Pepper appeared beside her and picked out an item for herself from the table.

"I don't know. Do you think Steve would like it?"

"He will make a mess in his pants at the sight of you in it." Natasha appeared on her other side. "And look, a matching thong!"

After they left Victoria's Secret and were on their way out of the mall, Cora caught sight of a mannequin in a store window. "Hang on, I'll be right back!"

Cora darted into the store, snatched the item up after checking the size and took it to the counter. After paying, she met Pepper and Natasha back outside the store, both of them looking at her curiously.

"What?" She asked innocently. "I figured if I'm going to be wearing something for Steve, then what's the harm in getting him something he can wear for me?"

***Steve's POV***

"You sure about this, Barton?" Steve looked skeptically at the item he held in his hand.

Steve had decided to bring Clint along to help him find a gift for Cora. He had already asked Bucky and Tony for advice, but as Bucky had never truly been in a steady relationship, and Tony's gift ideas cost more than all the money Steve had ever earned in his life, Clint was his last hope.

"Sure I'm sure." Clint popped an m&m into his mouth. "It's a gift that keeps giving. You can keep adding to it any time you want. And this way you don't have to struggle to find something every holiday."