0.1

Connor glanced around him, watching as everyone was laughing and talking with each other by their lockers. The green eyed boy sighed when not seeing any of his friends in sight. He grabbed his history book from his grey locker, trying to fit his other items inside also.

"Hey, Connor! Did you hear about Alfie's parents?" A voice spoke, Connor looked behind his open locker to see one of his closet friend's, Tyler. The blonde boy had black framed glasses which sat on his nose and a giant grin on his face.

"What happened now?" Connor asked, closing his locker, holding his book close to his chest as the two boys began walking to their first classes of the day.

"Rumor has it that his parents have a Santa Claus statue collection to break a world record and that's why Zoe has never been to his house before because he's so embarrassed." Tyler explained, adjusting his backpack straps as the two walked passed their piers.

"Are you serious?" Connor laughed, his eyes wide. When Tyler nodded, the green eyed boy threw his head back as he laughed loudly. The sounds of laughter coming from his throat caught the attention from loads of people but he ignored it. "That is the best thing I've ever heard."

"Isn't it? Some people say it's true but others — meaning Alfie — are denying it. Should we ask him at lunch?" Tyler stated with a wide smile, he was trying to hold back his laughter but sadly he failed when they passed Alfie who was standing by his own locker with his girlfriend, Zoe.

"Definitely." Connor nodded, glancing around for his next class which was just a period before lunch. He always seemed to forget where the room to history was since there were so many children blocking the doors and the middle of the halls.

"This is my stop, see you at lunch." Tyler said, pointing his finger to the classroom they were about to approach. Connor nodded, telling his friend goodbye as Tyler left his side.

Connor looked up and saw the history room he's always had trouble finding. He gripped the book in his arms as he walked inside to his usual seat which was in the back of the room, near the window which showed the pouring rain.

He sat down, laying his book in front of himself as he twirled his pencil between his fingers. Sighing when hearing more children walk into the room, Connor scooted further into his seat so no one would talk to him. He held the eraser part of the pencil to his temple as he watched the teacher walk into the room a couple minutes later.

"Settle down, everyone. Please take a seat as I call roll." Mrs. Hart called out, her fingers pulling small strands of her hair from the bun it was being held it. She picked up the notebook which held all of the students' names as she stood in front of the room. "Okay —"

Before Mrs. Hart could begin the roll call, the door was slowly being opened. This revealed a tall, pale, and curly haired boy. Connor could see his eyes from his seat which were a beautiful blue, he was suddenly focused on who the boy was. He had a pair of white beat headphones around his neck with a blue jean jacket. When he spoke, Connor immediately melted when realizing that he was Australian. "Hi, I'm Troye Mellet. Is this the history room? It's my first day?"

Mrs. Hart's eyes widen when remembering that she was told that there would be a new student in her class. She let Troye walk over to her, waiting for him to be in front of the room. "Oh yes, I was told that I would have a new student. Welcome, Troye. We're actually starting a new unit so you're lucky. Take any empty seat."

Nodding, Troye glanced around the room and saw one empty seat. He slowly walked between the desks which led to the one seat, which was next to Connor. The pale boy sat down, placing his things on his desk as he looked around the room. Suddenly, only both boys heard someone cough beside Troye. "Loser."