0.4

It was a couple days later and Troye was back at school. For some reason, this made Connor excited for school. He didn't know why but the vibe the Mellets were giving out were making Connor very happy and relaxed. He liked the twins very much. Maybe one more than the other... Emma obviously.

Connor tapped his fingers on his desk, his knee bouncing as he watched the clock hanging on the wall above the classroom door. It was only a couple minutes till lunch. Only a couple minutes till he could eat. Only a couple minutes till he could see the Mellet twins. Why was he so excited?

After those minutes were up, the bell rang through the whole school, making every student stand up. Connor collected his things and basically threw them into his backpack, throwing it over his shoulder as he made his way out of the door. When he walked out the door, his eyes immediately caught Tyler walking over to him. "Hey! What do you have for lunch today?"

"Nothing, I have to buy lunch today. Why?" Connor asked, beginning to take out his wallet as he kept his head up so he wouldn't bump into anyone as he walked.

Tyler sighed. "My mom forgot to pack my lunch so I have to buy some too. But I am not. I'm just going to steal anything Zoe is eating. School lunch is disgusting."

"It's not that bad." Connor chuckled, his fingers searching for any cash in his wallet. But he didn't feel anything which made his heart immediately stop. He quickly looked down and saw that he had no money. "Oh shit. I don't have any money. I haven't eaten anything all day."

The blonde boy laughed, patting Connor on the back as he rushed away. "Good luck finding lunch, babe!"

Connor rolled his eyes as he walked into the cafeteria, a frown upon his lips as he tried to think of what to do. His fingers fiddled in his wallet as he glanced around the room, trying to find any of his friends to see if they would give him a bag of chips or something similar.

"You know, if you keep your wallet out like that someone is going to take it." A voice said and Connor immediately knew who it was. He turned his head to see Troye, the boy was looking very cute that day. He was wearing a dark blue jacket with a pink sweater underneath and of course his white headphones wrapped around his neck.

Chuckling, Connor closed his wallet and held it between both hands. "I don't think anyone would want my wallet because there is nothing in it."

"Nothing? Like, no library card? No ID? No driver's license?" Troye asked sarcastically, shoving his hands in his pockets as he rocked on the balls of his feet. Connor noticed how extremely curly the boy's hair was, it was cute. He decided that he liked curly hair at that moment.

Connor rolled his eyes. "I don't have any money for lunch."

"Oh, I got you covered. Come on, let's get in line before it gets long." Troye said, beginning to walk away from Connor and to the lunch line. When he noticed that the green eyed boy wasn't following him, he rose an eyebrow and motioned his hand. "Aren't you coming? You look pretty pale so you're going to have to eat."

Connor snapped his head out of his daze, rushing over to Troye and they began walking to the lunch line. Once they were there, they stood between a girl who was complaining about actually having to spend money to buy lunch while a couple that just got behind them started making out against the wall. "You don't have to pay for me. I was just going to ask someone for an apple or something."

"An apple? Come on, Connor. It's lunch time, you have to eat a proper meal no matter how gross it is. If you don't eat, you'll die and I can't have a dead body on my hands." Troye explained with a small smile, crossing his arms over his chest.

The green eyed boy rose an eyebrow as they took a step closer in the line. "What would you do if you did have a dead body on your hands?"

"Take it to my car, dress it up and put a pair of sunglasses on his or her face and do a whole Weekend At Bernie's thing for maybe a day and then throw it in the garbage can like that episode in Drake and Josh." Troye answered nonchalantly, keeping his eyes forward when he spoke and when he was done, he turned his head over to Connor to see his expression.