1.3

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter ;
; none

Connor sat in a uncomfortable chair, a magazine resting in one palm as his other hand flipped through the pages. Dresses surrounded him; sparkles, glitter, bling, silk, etc. Young girls squealing at each other trying on dresses struck his ears every five minutes. That was including Emma and Zoe who dragged him to the dress shop.

Whenever one of the two would come out of the dressing closet, they would ask for his opinion. But Connor wasn't paying attention, only one thing was on his mind. Troye and the kiss they shared after the football game days before.

Never did he think those lips would be so gentle and soft against his own. Slight gilt swam in his stomach, thinking about Nick also. They were going to homecoming, did that mean they were together? Would that be considered cheating?

He hasn't spoken a word to the pale boy since, he was scared of what was going to happen next. From the look of it whenever they saw each other, Troye didn't want to talk either. It was awkward for the most part.

What Connor didn't know was that Troye did want to talk. The boy wanted to try and convince Connor to not go to homecoming with Nick. But it was obvious that the football player had very strong feelings for the same boy Troye did. Knowing that Nick would freak out, he decided to let it be.

Nick was the type of guy who would get attached to any person he talked to. It never ended well from what was spread around school. If the person Nick got hooked on stopped showing interest, he would freak out. Badly. Everyone in the school knew there was something mentally wrong with the boy but they were all too scared. But Nick hid his problems, he always looked fine but he wasn't.

Connor would discover all of this soon.

"Does this make my ass look okay?" Emma asked Connor, bringing the boy back from his thoughts. She spun around in a light purple dress with one strap, letting the hem flow in the air to show off her pale legs. Worried was shown on her face, unsure if she would find the perfect dress. Nerves were in her stomach and mind but whenever she thought of Joe, they would go away.

Looking up from the magazine, Connor watched his best friend pose in front of him. His eyes went up and down on her body, examining the dress. "Dude, your ass looks amazing in that. You definitely need to get it."

"Are you sure? I want to look hot so I feel confident. Does that make sense?" Emma sighed, turning around to look at her body in the mirror. Her hands slid down the silk fabric, passing her small curves, a frown growing upon her lips. "I hate the way I look, I'm too skinny. I want curves. God this dress makes me look so ugly, I'm not getting it."

Connor let the magazine fall from his hands and onto the floor, standing up from the plastic chair. He stood behind the shorter girl, watching her watch herself. Emma's eyes were glossy, her head falling down. Placing his hands on her shoulders, Connor kissed the top of her head. "I think you look beautiful. No matter what you wear, you always will. Don't think about what you want to look like, want you want. Show off what you got and this dress is helping you out."

"Really? Are you just saying that because you're my best friend?" Emma quietly asked, wiping the small tears that were slowly falling down her face. She sniffed, turning to look at the green eyed boy.