0.8

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter :
; teen wolf

"When do you parents get home from that vacation you told me about?" Connor asked Emma as the two walked into her house after a long day of school. They wanted to do homework together because the homework they were assigned by Mr. Dawson seemed impossible.

Emma kicked off her shoes by the door, taking off her jacket as she held onto her backpack with her free hand. Connor copied her actions as she started walking into the kitchen. "Next week. Apparently, they trust me to keep Troye in control, I don't know. But it's nice not having anyone tell me what to do for a little. Do you want something to eat?"

"No thank you. Can I actually have a glass of water?" Connor asked, putting his backpack on the kitchen table to pull out all of his homework. Emma nodded and began pouring water into two glass cups. "Are you going to the homecoming dance?"

The short haired girl brought the glasses of water over to the table, sitting down in the chair across from Connor. "I don't know, maybe. I'm kind of hoping that Joe asks me if I'm being honest."

"You like Joe? Why didn't you tell me?!" Connor exclaimed, plopping down in his chair before taking a sip of his water. His eyes were wide, excitement filling them when hearing that his best friend liked someone. "When did you start to like him?"

Shrugging with a blush, Emma wrapped her hands around the glass. The thought of Joe made her stomach do millions of backflips, her heart was full. "He's in my gym class. Mr. Weller had us climb a rock wall the other week and I have a huge fear of heights so I was terrified. So, as I was climbing it, I started to freak out. Joe stood underneath me so if I fell he would catch me and I did fall. I don't know, it's stupid."

"That is seriously so adorable. Joe never does that. He would never do that for Caspar and they're best friends!" Connor chuckled, a slight feeling of jealousy running through his veins. He wanted someone to do that for him, he wanted someone to care for him. He wanted him.

Emma took out her math book and notebook, trying to get rid of the redness from her cheeks by not looking at Connor. "Alright, let's not talk anymore. We need to start on our homework."

"Do you think he'll ask you to homecoming?" Connor asked excitedly, ignoring that fact that Emma didn't want to talk about it anymore. This was all so exciting, watching one of his closest friends have a crush and getting all red when talking about it. It was adorable.

Groaning, Emma let her head fall onto the table with a loud bang, expressing her annoyance. "Connor.. I don't want to talk about it. Besides, it's just a stupid crush. I don't even think that Joe likes me back so there's nothing to talk about. I'm pretty sure that he's dating someone."

"Seriously, Emma. Girls hate Joe. He's lucky that you like him and if he doesn't like you back then that is his problem." Connor expressed, taking a sip of his water as if he was spilling all the tea. The facts were true. Girls weren't the biggest fans of Joe because he never showed interest in anyone so they assumed he just hated them. Also, he was a huge dork and not a lot of girls liked that apparently.

A small blush appeared on Emma's cheeks as she tried to hide her huge smile. Connor's words made her giggle at the thought of Joe hitting on a girl and getting rejected. "I don't know.. He just doesn't seem interested in me or anyone for that matter. There is one girl in my math class who also likes him so I don't have a chance."

"Hayden Kelly? She's liked Joe for years and is a huge stalker. Trust me; Joe doesn't like her. Not even a little." Connor informed softly, knowing that would also make Emma giggle. Joe was a decent guy and maybe Emma would be good for him. "Besides; You could always ask him. Take control. You're a strong, independent woman."