1.1

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter ;
none

A couple of days later was the weekend of Halloween. All of the kids at school were talking about Zoe and Joe's party that night. The two were known for throwing awesome parties and they were always talked about for weeks after. Even if Joe secretly brought alcohol when Zoe asked him not to several times, she was basically the life of the party when she drank.

Connor stared down at two different costumes that laid on his bed, trying to decide which one he wanted to wear. One was a 'Where's Waldo' and the other was a firefighter. Yeah, they weren't great choices but getting a Halloween costume the day of meant the best ones were gone. The two he picked were the least inappropriate and/or fun.

To be honest, Connor was excited to go to the party. He wasn't the party type but he did always go to Zoe and Joe's because they were his friends. Usually, he was the designated driver for his other friends and saved them before making dumb and drunken decisions. He even drove people he didn't even know home too because he was just that nice guy.

But tonight he was letting loose. He didn't want to be the Mom for his friends for at least one night. Tonight he was going to act his age and get drunk even though he was extremely anxious since he had never taken a sip of alcohol. The thought slightly terrified but he was hoping that his friends would take care of him after the party. Did Troye drink? Connor wondered as he picked up one of the costumes from his bed. What if Troye didn't drink and was still so cool? Most of the time, if you did anything illegal, you were a cool ass bitch. But Troye made white headphones cool so whatever Troye did or didn't do, he was cool.

Ever since Connor told Tyler about the almost kiss he had with Troye, the blonde hadn't spoken to him. Whenever they walked passed each other, Connor would try to talk to the blonde but Tyler would either run away or immediately start a conversation with someone, even a stranger. It was pretty obvious that Tyler was pissed at Connor for something but the green eyed boy couldn't put his finger on it. He didn't say or do anything mean so why was Tyler mad? At times, Tyler would stop talking to Connor for dumb reasons for a couple of hours but this had been going on for days. Did he lose his best friend?

As Connor slipped on his costume, his phone buzzed. The boy stumbled over to his desk where his phone laid, hoping it was Tyler. His eyes glazed across the screen and saw it was a message from Emma. Slight disappointment sunk in his emotions since he had been waiting for Tyler to randomly text him and act like he was never annoyed or mad, like he always did.

troye and i are gonna be a little late to the party bc mum wants us to do chores before we leave the house!! can you find another ride??

yeah i can, hurry up bc zoe hates it when her friends come late to her and joe's parties

we'll try as best we can!! see you soon

Connor sighed to himself as he tried to think of someone who could give him a ride to the party as he slipped on the accessories to his costume. His mind went completely blank, he messaged Tyler earlier to ask if he was going but the blonde never answered. Most of his friends were already at the Sugg house helping them set up and hiding expensive items that belonged to their parents. Suddenly, a name popped into his head but he hadn't spoken to this person in a year. He wasn't sure if this person would even answer.