1.2

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter ;
; none

nick in the media above :)

It was Monday and Connor wasn't sure about anything anymore. Ever since the Halloween party, there was tension between him and Tyler. They shared three classes together, meaning during those periods, all Connor felt were glares and stares from Tyler. His whole weekend consisted of him worrying that Tyler wasn't going to let anything go and of course, he didn't.

It wasn't fair. Connor and Troye almost kissed, they didn't. Tyler and Troye weren't dating so the blonde had absolutely no reason to be angry. For as long as he could remember, Connor knew Tyler was dramatic about the smallest things. But this was the first time he called Connor such a mean word, which wasn't true.

The word got around about their argument party and rumors are spreading like wildfire. Some say they were fighting over Nick, others say Connor kissed Tyler then wanted to pretend like it didn't happen. The people who had no clue what happened started making up more rumors. False rumors were flooding the school like water in a boat and Connor was drowning inside, there was no way out.

Whenever someone asked him about what happened, Connor would say that they had a small fight. He didn't want to put out the actual truth because it was ridiculous. People were believing they fought over Nick, they were close enough and Connor didn't want to admit that it was Troye. Fighting over a boy could ruin a friendship, it seemed like it did for Connor and Tyler's. If Troye found out that he was the reasoning behind Tyler calling the green eyed boy a whore, who knows what could happen.

Ever since the night of the party, Connor hadn't spoken a word to Troye. He was utterly embarrassed. It should've been the other way because of what happened. A face covered with embarrassment, hurt glazing ocean eyes, lips quivering from regret, Connor remembered. Troye standing alone by that car, his body slumped as Connor walked away with Nick that night.

From that night, Nick contacted Connor at every chance he had to make sure the green eyed boy was okay. They talked most of the weekend over the phone, laughing at stories Nick told and sighing at Connor's sadness. It was nice, having someone always making sure you're okay, it made Connor feel good.

It was time for lunch, everyone waiting in line outside at the small food truck. Now that the weather was cooler, the school wanted the kids to eat outside. Tables that sat, burning underneath the sun for months were now the perfect temperature. Leaves were falling from the trees that shaded some patches of grass for kids to sit and eat. The wind was blowing through all of the girl's hair, waving behind their necks and getting tangled in knots.

Connor walked out of his class, making his way outside. His eyes searched the crowd of people to find his friends. They were sitting underneath one of the biggest trees. It seemed like Zoe laid out a blanket for them all to sit on. Alfie was shoving food in his face, Caspar and Joe were pushing each other for some unknown reason, then Emma sat quietly eating a sandwich as Zoe talked to her about things she didn't care for.

He made his way over, not bothering to grab a lunch since there was a ninety nine percent chance that it was going to be disgusting. Grass mushing together because of his big steps, crushing noises of the grass and leaves filled his ears. When he was standing next to the group, Emma happily swallowed her sandwich to speak. "Connor! Come sit next to me!"