1.4

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter ;
; none

The crackling fire slowly burning the vanilla scented candle that sat on Connor's desk greeted his bedroom with peace. Small pieces of fuzz floated from his clothing and onto the floor with grace as he stared at himself in the body mirror next to the white painted door. Black struck from his suit for the homecoming dance, it made the paleness on his skin pop like blue ocean water beside the sand.

His mind was everywhere but the homecoming dance. The conversation he and Troye shared only nights ago was all he was thinking about. Realizing that he was the only person to truly know about Troye's past, Connor felt honored and grateful to have been the person Troye decided to share it with. Not only that, the words Troye spoke before leaving that night.

"Sorry, baby. You have to work for this."

A smile grew upon Connor's lips are the sentence races around in his head. He knew he had feelings for the pale boy, he accepted them. The sad thing was that they couldn't be together because of Emma. The girl would freak, disappointed that her best friend and brother snuck behind her back. On that day, Connor decided to keep his feelings for Troye to himself. No one else would ever know.

Tightening the black tie hanging around his neck gently, Connor glanced around his bedroom. His green eyes caught the strip of paper that held four pictures of him and Emma they took at the mall that rested on the nightstand next to his bed. The small heels underneath his shoes clicked as he walked over to get a clearer look at the strip. He picked it up, sitting on his bed with a sigh as he stared deeply at each one carefully, admiring how happy they were. Suddenly, he caught the sight of Troye in the corner in the last picture. He chuckled at it.

His phone buzzed from his bed, his body comforted by the vibration. Carefully so he wouldn't ruin his new suit, he reached over and noticed it was a text message from Emma. She was asking what shoes she should wear. All day she had been messaging Connor on opinions on her outfit for the dance. Why wasn't she asking Troye? Connor thought all day when replying to his best friend.

It was only four hours until the dance began and Connor grew butterflies in his stomach. Everything started sinking in. Nick liked Connor and was expressing to people that they were together. Connor and Troye kissed only three minutes after Nick's homecoming proposal. Did that mean, if he and Nick got together after deciding to go to the dance, Connor cheated? No. That shouldn't be a thought, they never agreed on becoming a couple. But after two people go to a dance together, don't they end up dating? All this thinking was making Connor's head ache.

As he took off the suit before he ruined it somehow, Connor continued wondering what he and Nick were. Why would Nick tell everyone that they were dating when they never discussed it? Well, Connor did hear some stories from Nick's past but wouldn't believe them, only if Nick confirmed or denied them. He lightly shoved the suit back into his zipped up hanger he received from the store he got the suit from with annoyance.

His phone buzzed again. It was Zoe.

"Hello?"

"Hello Mister Connor Robinson."

"What?"

"How could you elope with Nick last night and not tell anyone? You barely know each other and you decide to get married for fun? What is wrong with you?"

"Woah, wait, what? Nick and I didn't...We didn't get married. Where the hell did you get that from?"

"Nick just called me to ask if you would rather a gold or silver wedding ring."