0.7

It was the week after the night Connor slept over at Emma's house and the only thing on his mind was Troye. He didn't know why but the way the pale boy looked at him gave him multiple butterflies in his stomach. For some reason he couldn't stop thinking about it. The color of Troye's eyes was Connor's favorite color at the moment.

Connor got out of his car on Monday morning. It was a sunny day, the sun was burning through his pants and onto his thighs while he was driving hush mine he's before. He reached down to grab his bag which sat on the floor in front of the passenger seat before getting out of the car.

As he walked towards the school doors, Connor noticed girls giggling with each other. He furrowed his eyebrows at them because the only time he heard that was when the football players did something 'hot'. It didn't matter to him so he just ignored it.

But he discovered the real reason the second he opened those doors. His eyes caught two boys in the middle of the hallway hanging up a blue banner. At first he couldn't understand what it said but when the other side was hung up, Connor knew.

COME SUPPORT OUR JACKSON FORKS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM FOR THE BIG HOMECOMING GAME!

Immediately, Connor groaned loudly. A homecoming game meant that there was also going to be a homecoming dance after. One thing Connor hated was dances; he was never asked so that was the reason. It always made him feel lonely while his other friends went. Also, there was probably going to be a spirit week during the week of the game.

Connor rolled his eyes when he already saw guys asking girls the dance. The announcement literally came out today and people are already preparing? Another reason why Connor hated dances; people took it way too seriously. But it didn't matter because he probably wasn't going.

The green eyed boy began to walk to his locker, passing students who were already planning for the dance. He opened his locker and began his long search for his history book since his locker was very messy. As he did so, Connor didn't notice the presence next to him until he heard a cough. He glanced to the side and saw Troye leaning against the locker next to his.

"I'm guessing you've seen the homecoming dance banner." Troye spoke, crossing his arms over his chest and watched Connor look for his book. The pale boy was wearing a pink jacket with a white tee underneath while still wearing his usual headphones.

Connor rose an eyebrow, glancing back to the boy with a small chuckle. "Why do you say that?"

"Because you don't look happy and I'm literally the same way. I don't like going to that stuff. But the second my mum finds out, she's going to make me go because I've never gone to a dance in my life." Troye explained, adjusting his backpack straps with a small grunt since the bag was slightly heavy. He felt somewhat comfortable talking to Connor about this stuff even though they don't talk that much.

Nodding, Connor ran a hand through his hair when he still couldn't find his book in the locker. He didn't realize that Troye was the one who was distracting him from actually looking for it since it was right in front of him. "It's a load of bullshit. Like why do we get dressed up for one night and then forget it ever happened? You know, some girls get pregnant on dance nights. I don't see why we're still doing it. Five girls dropped out of school last year because they got pregnant on prom night."

"Really?" Troye gasped with wide eyes and a dropped jaw. You could tell he had never heard something that explicit before from a prom night. It was weird since all of shit he had been through the year before and from the stories he has told about kids from his old school.