1.8

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter :
; none

"What about her? She's hot." Connor said Troye, motioning his hand over to a girl who was a few feet from them, standing in line at the ice cream parlor. He took a lick from his ice cream cone, turning his head towards Troye when he didn't receive an immediate answer. "They would definitely make a good couple."

Troye glanced over, eyeing the girl up and down. She had a coffee black hair that went just above her shoulders, milk chocolate skin that was covered with a faded black sweater, her nails white with tattoos on her fingers. There stood a beautiful woman. "Woah, I like her. Let's wait till after she gets her order and then we can talk to her."

"Why isn't Emma here? Aren't we looking for a girl for her?" Connor asked, tapping his fingers on the small table they sat at.

Shrugging, the pale boy plucked his phone from his pocket, checking to see if the girl had messaged him. "Apparently, she got sick and isn't coming at all. Oh, well, it's nice to look at pretty humans for a little."

"I agree." Connor chuckled when Troye wiggled his eyebrows towards him, indicating that he was a pretty human. They two stayed silent, waiting for the girl to order her ice cream before calling her over and asking her a few questions like they had done with five other girls.

Currently, they were looking for a girl to hook Emma up with but she never showed up that morning. They had been doing this the entire weekend. It was Emma's idea, wanting to find someone she actually liked to kiss and such. So far, they were out of luck. Every girl they talked to, the boys knew Emma wouldn't have interest in them or the girl was straight.

The ice cream parlor was small and simple, a few tables and booths fitting in the corners and the middle. Soft music played from the radio behind the counter where the employees served the ice cream. All the colors of the rainbow filled the room, bringing happiness to anyone who walked inside the place.

Suddenly, the girl the boys had been eyeing began walking pass them, shoving her free hand into her pocket. A soft smile played her lips as she headed towards the door. Connor gently grabbed her forearm, asking her to stop moving. "Hi, this is going to sound weird but, are you attracted to women and are you dating anyone?"

"Yeah...I'm bisexual and single." The girl replied, a confused look appearing on her face when Connor slowly let go of her forearm. She licked her ice cream cone, trying to cover up how awkward she felt and looked.

Both boys smiled and introduced themselves as Troye pulled out a chair with his non-injured leg. "Please, have a seat. We would like to see if you would be interested in going on a date with my sister? What is your name?"

"Kehlani..." She answered, slowly sitting in the chair Troye had pulled out for her. As she crossed one leg over the other, she smiled awkwardly at the two. "So, your sister. What is she like?"

Troye unlocked his phone and slid it over to Kehlani, showing her a picture of Emma. "Well, her name is Emma. She has a great sense of humor, really kind, beautiful, as you can see...and she can sing. Her voice will make you melt."

"Wow, she is beautiful. And she can sing? The whole package." Kehlani chuckled, looking up from the picture. Tucking her hand between her crossed thighs, she glanced between the two boys. "Should I...um...I guess I should tell you about myself. Uh, I'm seventeen, I want to release my own music once I'm out of high school. The only people I necessarily care for are my family and my best friend. People say I'm funny and generous..."