Chapter 3 (edited)

Sadie P.O.V

   I couldn't believe it. Headquarters was abuzz, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was very wrong. How could I do this? I have become too attached to my work assignment. This is all wrong. Once they find out they will punish me. It also doesn't help that Katherine has become my almost friend and that is hard to do. I never become close to anyone. And now my assignment has gone through my wiring and made me feel like I belong among humans... Those are dangerous thoughts. Thoughts that could get my harddrive wiped.

I walk around, unsure of what to do, so I think about Katherine. She had to go through so much and she still knows so little of who she is. Her father, that rotten dirt-bag, should have told Katherine more about her powers. Her powers will only continue to grow, and Katherine will have no idea of what is happening. That darned father even has a place that she would be safe in, and yet he doesn't make a move to keep his own flesh and blood safe. He owns the largest and most protected Rebel hideout in history. Many people and cyborgs alike have tried to steal information from the place, but they either never come out, or can't go in. But of course, he is too idiotic to make the plans. There is someone higher in rank moving the pieces on the chessboard, the only question is who?

If that father had even the slightest piece of kindness in his heart, he would give it up for a chocolate donut then for his own daughter. He is as bad as the leader of HQ. Yet, his hideout is safe. And I know the database has the location...

"Cyborg #14902 please report to the main office building, thank you." The automated voice in my ears made it impossible to ignore commands at HQ. I turned stiffly into a corridor and walked 10 paces forward to the entrance. The door was right there, why did I feel like it was millions of miles away? My body is in HQ, yet my mind is in the clouds. I am usually always here and focused, but today is different. Today change is near.

My circuits sparked and I jumped at the uncomfortable feeling. They had entered my flash drive again, like they do every other day. They are looking for glitches in my software, well at least that is what we are told. But whenever they get into my flash drive my thoughts are open for viewing to anyone in a five mile radius. It is an awful time. My hand reached for the doorknob and it still felt wrong to be doing this. A knot seemed to be in my stomach and my long lost friend, my conscience was screaming to run away. I slowly turned it and stopped. With one look at the pair of

secret -doors I turned and marched toward the exit of HQ.

This is wrong. I can't do this! But I want to so bad. I may be rebelling against my nature. Yet my nature now feels wrong. I have always followed orders. For that is what I'm programmed to do. Yet it doesn't feel right anymore! If they catch me I know they will erase me. I have to warn Katherine before it's too late! I glanced at the flashdrive laying in my thigh and sighed dreamlike. Once it's removed HQ will have never existed in my memory and I would be off the grid, no one could find me. It is tempting. But first I must warn Katherine. My life isn't that valuable anyways, being erased honestly doesn't sound too bad...

With that I marched out of HQ with my thoughts open for anyone to view...