Chapter 9

Hi Im alive! Sorry for the inconvenience and lack of updating I was out of town. I am back now! If you want my co-author puddle_bunny12 is a chapter ahead of me! So go ahead and check it out! Here it is chapter 9!

Sadie's POV

~8 years ago (LEARN YOUR MATHS)~

I laughed at my phone. I had recently got one since I have to walk home alone and then pick up my younger sister, Lucy from her friends house. I was watching a funny cat video on my phone. All of a sudden a honk blasted my attention from my phone to the road. I was standing on the sidewalk, but a car was coming at me at full speed.

It crashed into me sending me flying backward into a tree. I heard screams and yelling but I felt my mind clouded over. I blacked out, my last memory is of a man screaming curses I had never known.

I woke up in a hospital room with my family by my side. My sister is too young to know what's happening and she simply sat in a chair playing with her dolls. My mother came to my side and lovingly caressed my cheek. She kept mumbling that I will be okay. That I am safe now.

A nurse came in, and escorted my parents and my sister away. She closed the door and spoke so only I could hear, "Sadie, cyborg number fourteen nine o two. Enjoy your final moments of your old life. Of your free will." With that she jabbed something into my thigh and I blacked out once again. Letting the simple thought of the only life I knew slip away.

~Cyborg #14902's Hard Drive's Storage~

My mission was easy. It was to find a girl with dark brown hair and hazel eyes that lived in a certain neighborhood. But my mission got more complicated when I met her. She seemed to change my outlook on life. We laughed together and even drank lemonade...

She showed me the importance of free will. Of allowing yourself to change character to your own will. I trained her for life, for I knew that HQ would throw everything they had at her. Every now and then I would have to get software update. It is a way to look for glitches. But I have a hunch that it was to make sure I didn't get out of line...

I was awaiting my commands from the HQ official. They told me to enter the networking room. They showed me how to kill a cyborg and brought me to cut the wires of a friend. Sasha was one of the only cyborgs nice to me when I woke up, I couldn't bring myself to do it. That was my first rebelling complication. Instead I secretly brought her outside and woke her up. I told her to run, that HQ wanted her dead. Then I scrambled through the dump of spare pieces and brought them to the official. He told me I did well, then he let me go with the burden of the lies I had to tell.

My last glimpse of Katherine was suttle. I had done her the same thing as I did to Sasha, I saved her. She owes me. Yet I didn't feel the need to collect on that debt. I had a friend, that was all I have ever wanted. Then without a second thought I pulled out my flashdrive and hoped that I never forgot to thank my only real friend. Then I woke up in a different life.