13

Katherine's P.O.V.

Sadie is out cold. I have said her name and have shaken her, but still she hasn't awoken. I should try at least one more time, then I promise I will take her to the infirmary.

I shake her again and yell, "WAKE UP!!!!"

All of a sudden she opens her eyes and gasps, "Lucy what are you doing?" Her eyes shone with pain, disappointment, and fear. "I'm sorry, but I want to just listen to music!" I feel a sting that she would mention Lucy's name and not mine, but then I remember; this isn't the Sadie I know.

"It's me, Katherine! You passed out!" I tell her as I help her sit upright.

"Where am I?" Sadie groggily asks as she scratches her head then bursts out crying. She covers her head with her hands and flops backward onto the cot. All of a sudden my father jumps into the room. I get a sudden urge to gaze at his shadow. Slyly my eyes glide down to his shadow to see a keyhole. Mysterious. He stares at me like I'm a puzzle he just can't figure out, then looks at a bawling Sadie and his eyes go wide in alarm.

Sadie looks up at my father and wipes the tears from her eyes. "Hello, it's me. Sadie,"

I instinctively facepalm as I shake my head in disapproval. "Sadie," I whine. "Why Hello?" (Adele, you torture me!)

"I want to see Lucy!" She seemed pleased with herself for being annoying, yet ashamed she would make fun of herself. "I was wondering if after all these year you'd like to meet?" Sadie bellows as she bursts out crying again. My father shakes his head and from the hallway I hear guards laughing. A newfound curiosity flows through me and I quietly go to the door to look at the laughing guard's shadows. On the right, the guard with the moustache had a shadow of a wilting black rose. My heart almost stops, though the shadow of the other guard makes it beat faster.The guard's shadow looks like a fireball. It's as if I can even feel the heat radiating off of it, like the fire was real.

So as the idiot I am, I walk closer to the shadow.The guards immediately stop laughing and the man with the shadow of the fire begins running, the fire tailing after him on his clothes.

"Fire! We are under attack!" My father looked up and grabbed Sadie and me.

He pulls us down a hallway and I hear arguing and muffled voices coming from a room to our right.

He rushed us down a staircase and into a concrete walled room with one little lightbulb hanging from the ceiling in the middle. My father shoved us in and we both flop to the ground. I stand up and peer around. Shawn is already there with Lucy. They are in a heated argument and might have just killed each other if my father didn't walk in. My father gives them a stern look at locked the door up tight.

Sadie yelled with delight at Lucy, happy to see her sister at last. Lucy stops fighting and hugs her big sister. It would have been a beautiful moment if the walls hadn't rumbled and the lightbulb hadn't gone out. Glass shattered from the lightbulb and a small piece hits Lucy's leg. She let out a blood-curdling scream.

My father covered her mouth, "Quiet, or if we really are under attack they will find us. This room didn't have time to be sound-proofed yet. We just unfortunately were closer to it."

Suddenly the door flew open. Enemies flock into the already crowded room. They surround all of us and one of them lights a torch so he could see the commotion. I heard a gunshot, and then one of my comrades fell to the ground. The light bulb not burned out, but swinging violently casting shadows too fast for me to properly see.