Chapter 20

Katherine's POV

I watch helplessly as the man that saved me is placed in the mattress beside me. Jericho's shirt is stained in blood... Just like Sadie's was...

I struggle with keeping a tear from rolling down my cheek in memory of her.Not now Katherine, we need to see how Jericho is.

"He's going into shock! Grab the defibrillator!"Someone calls.

Another person shouts, "Clear!" and the smell of burning flesh fills the air. I watch helplessly as they for through test to see if he responds. They soon stop and Ave rushed in along with the nurse that had taken care of me. She rushed to his side and placed both her hands on his chest. She closed her eyes added seemed to be in deep concentration.

"He's gone." someone tells Ave.

"His heart beat is still there." she shot back.

"There's no hope!" another nurse replies.

"I must concentrate! You don't know my power! I am the Healer!" Ave shouts. Everyone gasps.

Someone whispers, "The Fifth Soul Gazer..." I watch the rest of the people step back in awe and see Ave slowly heal the wound. His breath becomes more even, less ragged, more calm. He was saved! I wanted to jump up and hug both of them but, I lay on my bed almost unable to move.

I stand up uneasily and walk over to the cot where Jericho lay.

"Will he be okay Ave?" I ask her.

For the first time she gives me a genuine smile, "Yes."

I disimulate, "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back."

The nurse pipes up. "But your head Miss!"

Ave gently grasps my head and a wave of relief passes through me. "She'll be fine now." Ave tells the nurse.

I nod thanks to Ave and I walk outside.

I need to choose my shadow now. Before another close call. Gordon had been to talking with my for a bit today, and he had told me that picking my shadow helps everyone if I choose the right side. I have to help this place, I can no longer hold back my powers. I can no longer keep them concealed they were meant to be known. I was meant to lead this place, these people.

My name is Katherine Debauchery and I am meant for greatness.

End of Concealed! Stay tuned for Devastated book 2 of The Soul Gazer Trilogy:

Hey guys!

I just wanted to say thanks for waiting for me to update. 

Here we are. End of Concealed! Wow! Make sure to stay tuned for Devastated!