12

*Author's Note: this chapter goes from Sadie's to Katherine's P.O.V and then back.*

Sadie P.O.V

"No, I'm just, loving this lemonade," Katherine replied. My mind sparked as she mentioned that. All of a sudden I was back to a more simple scene.

_*_

"Jeesh, are you contemplating your life again!?" I asked slightly annoyed as Katherine sat there with her eyes shining with a distant look.

"No I was just, loving this lemonade," She mentioned with a small smirk. Like there is an inside joke to it. I stared at her and shook my head.

"Yes, because you definitely love lemonade," I sarcastically implied as I gestured to her lemonade glass that was still filled to the rim even though mine was already empty."It's getting late, as much as I love to bug you, we should be getting home."

-*-

The memory ended and I returned back to the present time.

Katherine simply stuttered, "Heh, heh, heh..."

I avoided eye contact until Shawn left the room. I have a bad feeling about him. He reminds me of someone I used to know. Someone I tried with my entire being to remember. He did something. Something with to do with the accident.

These memories are taking control of me. Hour by hour I feel as though I will be trapped within them forever. That I would be at the mercy of him.

-Katherine P.O.V-

Shawn waltzes out of the room clumsily.

Sadie all of a sudden blurts out, "I don't trust him. He reminds me of..." she pauses and looks at me.

"Of what?" I ask anxious for the answer.

"Of... HQ..." she stutters. The fear in her eyes is apparent. I was taken aback: how could she accuse Shawn of something like that? I mean, we were friends, but I wasn't that lost of a cause. Shawn liking me was as much of a chance as HQ finding me--very possible.

I glance at her hands. They are trembling. Sadie, oh Sadie, what have they done to you to make you think Shawn, THE PUPPY LOVING SHAWN, look evil in your eyes?

-Sadie P.O.V-

Katherine looked at me in pity and disbelief. I knew I couldn't get to her. The way she looks at Shawn, it is clear as day that she likes him. Right now that is clouding her judgment, a dangerous thing in war.

'It is wise to keep in mind that no success or failure is necessarily final.' My mind recalls quotes I have no use for. I used to love reading them off my phone from day to day, but that was long ago and I don't know why I still remember

'War does not determine who is right—only who is left.' Ugh, the voice in my head won't shut up. suddenly my mind goes numb and I flop backwards. The world blurs and I recall a day before the accident where I couldn't stop reading my qoutes...

_*_

'Death can come in the most painful way as possible ,but can teach you the most important lesson of all, the will to live.' Ahh, quotes, they never fail to make me sound smarter in class.

Quoting is my thing. If someone says something remotely connected to a quote I know I will pounce on the opportunity to sound smarter than I am seen as. See, I have always been the "pretty blonde" as you could say. At least that is what I have been told, since every kid in my grade has dark hair everyone would call me "the dumb blonde." And I just got sick of it and started researching literature on google and I got quotes.

'If you never try, you'll never know.' Ha, ha, ha. All anonymous. So I can pretend they're mine. Lucy would make up some of these without even trying, though she is only six. One day she will get to the top of the school, I just know it, and then on that day I will come out and congratulate her. She is a genius that doesn't need to stay in the shadows. She is my little genius and she will always be cherished by me.

I'm the overprotective sister type if you can't already tell, and I'm proud of it!

"Life will throw lots of things at you, and it hurts.. But the only way to rise is to get back up again." (by puddle_bunny12 and Nylasandnguy...NO JUDGING!)

That is the one quote I love the most. it describes life and points out how obvious an answer could be if it's in front of your face.

All of a sudden Lucy bounds into the room, and starts singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and dancing as if it was a fast beat song. I sigh and peer over to her little, dancing, short figure, her blond curls bouncing as she jumps over to where I am sitting on the couch.

"Wake up Sadie!" she says with a voice that isn't hers.

"I am up," I reply confused on her what she was saying.

"Wake up!" she starts to shake me. I think: how are her tiny, chubby hands shaking me so violently?

" WAKEEEEEE UPPPPP!!!!!"

Then suddenly her face contorts into a person of which I knew in a different time.