Chapter 15

Katherine's POV

The past few hours have been a blur. All I can really pick out from the maze of memories is that Sadie is dead, Lucy or Shawn is a traitor, and now I'm sitting in a room with concrete walls, floor, and roof.

Shawn may have told everyone that Lucy was a traitor, but I didn't miss that the soldiers from HQ seemed to be scared every time he moved. I may have misread his movements that one day when HQ was mentioned. He wasn't scared of them, he was them. Although I can't be certain about these hypotheses, I still have my suspicions.

My thoughts were interrupted when a sound of the lock of the door in front of me clicked. In walked the person that confirmed my suspicions; it was Shawn.

His usual gentle smile was gone, in place was a cruel smirk that could freeze over the desert. He held a whip in his hand covered in dark red blood. This was a new side to Shawn, one that I could wish no one would be unlucky enough to encounter.

He snapped his fingers and the same man that brought me into this godforsaken room came running with a metal chair. The metal chair plopped about a meter away from me with a thump. Shawn gracefully sat down and glared at me. The guy who brought the chair dashed away from the room like it was on fire.

"Do you know how much trouble you have caused me Katherine?" he asked me in an irritated tone.

"Of course I don't," I just wanted to yell at him. Instead I decided not to answer and instead look at the cracked concrete floor.

Shawn moved his chair closer and leaned so that his face was inches away from mine. He growled, "Answer me." His finger found my chin and forced me to look him in the eye. So badly I wanted to grab his finger and snap it in half. I couldn't though as my arms and legs were bound by rope. I tensed on my metal chair as I debated what to do.

I reluctantly didn't pull away and stared at him dead in the eye. "I can't believe that I thought you were anything but kind when your shadow said otherwise." I spat at him.

He pulled away so I could see his whole facial expression. His smirk widened and he snickered,"Well didn't you just make things way easier on me. Thanks for answering my next question. There is now no doubt that you are the seventh soul gazer."

I mentally slapped myself, I really should just keep my mouth shut!

"Now all I need to know is what you know you can do and what you don't know." He mumbled to himself quietly; although not quietly enough because I obviously heard him.

"You'll never know. I will never tell you, you can torture me all you want, but no information is getting out of me today." I vocalized before my mind could process what he had said.

He glared at me and then got up from his chair. "Well then I might as well go and torture someone else, Sadie perhaps?" he mused.

"Wait Sadie? She's alive?" I shout, but no answer came as Shawn walked out of the room with his whip.

The metal door clicked and I knew at that moment no one was going to answer my question. All I could do was sit and wait for my doom, like a sitting duck.