Prologue

I don't own Naruto all that belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, and Funanimation Entertainment.

***************************************************************************

 In the Land of Fire, not too far from the Hidden Leaf Village in a small clearing stood a house and from within it loud howls coming from the inside. At this exact moment in time a child was being born. A special child. 

Inside the little home a man scurried around the house getting this to calm his wife who was giving birth. Even at such an intense moment he kept a calm and collected. However, his wife was a different story. She had been in labor for hours and the pain was excruciating. The only pain she had experienced were wounds from the battlefield; Though this was something much worse. She peered at her husband. He stood in between his wife's legs ready to deliver his child. 

"Saki you have to push," he said gripping her hand tightly. Saki let out a cry of pain.

"Kazu! I'm trying," Saki says releasing a shaky breath. This was too much for her to handle. Kazu didn't like that his wife was in pain, but he couldn't do anything about it. She just had to bare through it. After what seemed like forever there was a cry of a baby. Kazu smiles, finally meeting his child.

"It's a girl." 

Kazu took their child away to another room and cleaned their daughter. Wrapping her up in a blanket with the Otsutsuki main branch crest imprinted on it. He came back to the room he and Saki shared. Giving their daughter to his wife, she eagerly held the child. Her eyes become glassy as she stared at her daughter.

"What should we name her?" she asked. 

Outside the sun began to rise shining through the room window. The flowers thriving in beauty, health, and vigor. It was another day of spring. Kazu admired the days of spring in the Land of Fire. The beauty of spring reminded him of his little baby girl.

"Harumi Otsutsuki." He said, kissing his daughter's forehead.

She loved the name, for it meant Springtime beauty. Their daughter truly was beautiful. Her light grey eyes compliment her white grey hair and almond skin. This was the happiest moment of their lives, but their happy moment was soon to be crushed. 

"They will be coming for me. Now that Harumi is born she is at risk," Kazu said with a depressing look on his face. Saki gazed at him. His short white hair covering his serious expression. Saki thought he was always handsome when he was being serious or in deep thought.

"I must turn myself over to them so they won't find you. Then you and Harumi can live a safe life." 

Saki frowned. He couldn't do that. Harumi would have to be raised without a father.

"Kazu! You can't do this. Harumi needs her father. That means I would become a widow."

"I will do everything in my power to protect you and Harumi. And if that means giving my life then so be it. The main branch family of the Otsutsuki is soon to be gone she will be the only one left. Her last name can't stay the same or they will find her," Saki was also saddened by this. She had loved the last name. And she didn't want to change it. Yet, she knew what power the name held, so changing it was inevitable.

"Harumi Hatake." Saki was worried.

Saki's thoughts were racing through her mind, this would be the last time she would be with her husband.

"I will also seal away her powers before they manifest. We don't want anyone of the Hyuga clan to think she is one of them if you ever come across them. Since she is also an Otsutsuki other powers might arise. So they must be suppressed to not cause suspicion," Kazu looked at their newborn child. The baby smiled and reached her hands out to him. Kazu bent down a little more but ended up getting his hair pulled.

Saki's worry was washed away by the scene in front of her. She started laughing. It took some time before Kazu got his hair away from Harumi. "She has a strong grip, just like you," Kazu mutters. That made Saki chuckle. Then she became quiet again.

"How will you seal away all of her powers? The seal has to be incredibly strong in order to keep them suppressed. As she grows older her abilities will start to grow until eventually the seal will break."

"I will use a forbidden jutsu that one of my ancestors created centuries ago to seal powerful things away."

"What might that be?"

"The Forbidden Jutsu: Spirit Seal. When I place the seal on Harumi it won't be activated until I die. My spirit will attach to the seal to hold it together. This way I will always be with my daughter even after death."

"What would happen if I were to die early as well?" Kazu was taken back by his wife's question.

"That will never-," he was cut off.

"One day I won't be there for Harumi. She is going to be all alone. I can't do that to her. When the time comes we must give her to someone. The question is who?" she whispered the last part.

Kazu knew his wife was right. They must plan ahead. "What about your nephew, Kakashi? You think he would take care of Harumi if you were to pass," Saki looked at Kazu for a moment.

"Possibly, he has been through so much at such a young age. I don't know how he'll react to finding out he has a cousin." 

"I'm sure he would be happy knowing he is not alone anymore," Kazu replied.

The family held each other close, savoring the moment. They watched as baby Harumi cooed and giggled. Kazu knew he would have to leave soon, but he would stay for a few weeks before leaving. Until that time arrives, he would spend as much time with his daughter and wife. Kazu smiles at his daughter, knowing that after his death he would still be with his daughter and watch her grow.

***********************************************************************************

Thanks you all for reading my fanfiction! I am currently editing and changing a lot of things in the plot so I will be editing the chapters before posting the new one. If I hadn't the fanfiction would be super long at least 50+ chapters. So there will be a lot of skipping certain events in Naruto. However, thank you for reading and I'll see you soon!

The Author