Chapter Nineteen

-ROSE-

"Rose!" Chris ran towards me, "Yes Chris?" At least I had Chris, I don't need that ignorant Malfoy.

"I want you to meet my sister, Esmerelda Hernandez." A girl my age stood next to Chris, she was short with Chris's dark curly brown locks, her hair was up in a ponytail, and her eyes were brown, but they were more bright and fierce.

"Nice to meet you." I smile, holding out my hand. She frowns, "I don't shake hands." She mumbles.

I cross my arms uncomfortably. "Okay . . . well what house did you get into?"

It takes a while for her to answer, "Ravenclaw." "That's nice! You'll be in the same dorm as my two friends Kathy and Gale!"

"Cool, and we can talk about boys, and try on new clothes!" I could tell she was being sarcastic, by the look in her eyes and the way she smiled. She was just a little bag of sunshine!

"Well again, it was nice to meet you, um . . . Essie? Can I call you that, but I got to go." I say, as I start to run, hoping to find Kathy and Gale.

~*~

They found me first. Or at least one of them. Kathrine runs up to me, pulling me into a tight hug. "Oh my God, Rose are you okay?" Kathy asks me.

I nod, "Course." She smiles, "Brilliant!" She then frowns, looking at the ground, "But I have to ask about that little scene with Malfoy when you got off the train."

I begin to frown, "Aren't you're memories back too?" I ask. Kathrine laughs, "Maybe you need to come to Hogsmeade with me, it might make you feel better."

I raise an eyebrow. And she laughs again, a high, but sweet, pitched laugh, that makes everyone smile when they hear it. "You know, us single ladies can go together, and get our minds off boys."

I narrow my eyes, "What about Gale?" Kathrine scoffs, "Gale doesn't need to be going with us."

I sigh, with my eyes narrowed, deep in thought, "Okay, how about this, next week we go to Hogsmeade and I tell you about Malfoy, and you tell me about Gale, got it?"

Kathrine clenched her jaw, "Sure."

~*~

(Next week)

Kathrine and I walk towards Hogsmeade, both laughing as the Hufflepuff boy in front of us runs into a sign.

"You okay Sam?" A Gryffindor named Marie Lu Jane asks the Hufflepuff boy, Sam. "Yeah, I'm fine Marie." He says.

"Wanna go get a butterbeer?" Kathrine asks me. I smile, "Yup!"

We walk into the Three Broomsticks and order three butterbeers. "Why'd you get an extra one?" I ask.

"Reasons." She says plainly. I arch one of my eyebrows and purse my lips, but don't say anything else.

We sit down, and I start off the conversation, "So what happend with Gale?"

Kathrine sighs, "She got a boyfriend." "That's wonderful! I think . . ." I say. Kathrine shakes her head, "No it's not, he's bad, he talks about people behind their back and in right in front of them sometimes!" "Oh, well why doesn't Gale break up with him?"

Kathrine squeezes her eyes shut, "She's changed, she mentioned something about receiving her memories back just like you did."

Oh my God.

"Well can you at least tell me who this boyfriend is?" I asks. Kathrine 's hand ball up into fists, "Chris Hernandez."

I blink, "Chris? Nah he would never do anything to hurt someone!" Kathrine looked hurt, so I left the topic alone. "So. . . What about you?" Kathrine asks.

I look down at my butterbeer. "When James, Victiore and Teddy gave me my memories back, one of them was that Malfoy hurt me, in a way I could never forgive him."

Kathrine gasped and put her arms around me, "There must be someone out there who is controlling people's memories! We're finding this mad guy!"

I nod, I want to know the truth.

I'm going to find the truth.

Yay I finally updated! :D