Baby Shopping and Old Friends

-SCORPIUS-

Now Rose was thirty two weeks pregnant and we were out in Diagon Alley looking for unisex baby items since we decided the gender of our baby should be a surprise.

"Oh! Scorpius! We can get a quidditch themed baby room!" "But isn't that a boy themed room?" I say. Her bright eyes narrow and she crosses her arms, "You know even though, one there were no females on the Slytherin team and two, like my mum I wasn't very good at Quidditch doesn't mean that it is a boy thing! Ever heard of the HollyHead Harpies?" Rose says.

I shrug and smirk, she begans talking again, "I think it's a good idea!" I wrap my arms around her and kiss her neck. "Scor! We're in public!" She says, a little smile spreading across her lips, and her face going red.

I chuckle, "Fine, we can go and get a Quidditch themed room Rosie." When we walk out, I spotted two very familiar people that I haven't talked to in forever, Oliver(Ollie) Zabini and Delilah(Lilah) Meadows. "Scor!" Delilah runs up to me, beaming, "We haven't seen you in forever!" Ollie laughs, patting me on the back.

Finally there eyes rested on Rose's belly, "Woah! Weasley! When did this happen?" Lilah smirks. "When-" Rose cut me off, "You don't have to answer that!" She snaps. "And actually she's a Malfoy now." I say. Delilah and Oliver don't look surprised. "Scorp we actually have some knews too!" Ollie beams. "We're engaged!" Ollie and Lilah shout at the same time.

"Wow that's great!" I say, smiling from ear to ear. "So is it going to be a little Scorpius or a little Rose?" Ollie asks.

"We don't know, we are keeping it a surprise." Rose says. "I bet it's going to be a boy!" Ollie smirks. Lilah smacks him on the arm, "I hope it's a girl!" She says. Ollie and Lilah shout back and forth at each other (Boy!) and (Girl!) while we slowly back away from them.

"Where would we find a Quidditch themed baby room stuff in Diagon Alley?" Rose asks herself.

"What about that shop over there?" I point toward a poor looking shack with the words on the building falling off. Right now it looked like it said Mr B__ger's Ba_y St_ff.

"I am guessing that says Mr. Berger's baby stuff." Rose says, narrowing her eyes in thought. I take her hand and we both walk into the shop.

Inside wasn't any better, the area where the cribs were, were filled with old, rickety, (and looking like it has a lot of spinters,) type cribs. "Welcome!" A loud, raspy voice shouted.

An old man with yellow teeth jumped in front of them and almost made me have a heart attack. "I'm Mr. Berger, what can I do for you two today?"

Rose protectively put her hand on her stomach and glanced up at me. "We er, want a Quidditch themed baby room. . ." Everything was silent before the old man erupted into laughter. "Oh, then you two are in the wrong place love." He says. "My store has no theme." Rose and I frown, but then her eyes lighten up, meaning she has a plan.

"We'll take a crib!" Rose says. "Are you crazy?" I ask. "Trust me." Rose giggles, tapping her head.

We buy the crib and a few extra supplies and floo powder home, since we couldn't apparate because it could possibly hurt the baby.

"So, what was your brilliant plan?" I ask. She beams and scurries off into the baby's room, "We're going to make the baby's room our self!"

I stand there, expressionless, and Rose starts to tear up, "What do you not like the idea of making our baby's room so that we are closer to him or her?!" I shake my head violently, "No Rose, I. . ." She dashed out of the room. "Rose . . ."

I found her crying near the fire place, screaming, "I CAN'T DO THIS!" "Rose what can't you not do?" I ask quietly, rubbing my hand up and down her arm comfortingly.

"I'm going to be a terrible mum." She sniffled, tears running down her pink cheeks. Scorpius sighed, "Listen Rose, believe me when I say, you're going to be a great mum, I know." Rose looked at me in the eyes, "How do you know?" She asks.

"Look, you're the most beautiful, intelligent, caring, and creative person I know, and plus, I know a thing or two about bad parenting."

Rose raises her eyebrows, "What do you mean?" She asks. Scorpius looks at the ground, "My father left my mum when he found out that she was pregnant and didn't come back till she was like 7 and a half months pregnant."

Rose gasped, and hugged my neck, "That's awful Scor! I'm so sorry!"

"So," I look up and smile at her, "Let's go make our baby's room."

~*~

Rose declared that no magic would be involved in making this room, so we both had to do it by hand. Rose beamed as she glanced down at her belly and then to the room, we already painted the walls a light dandelion yellow color, and we were working on the carpeting, it was going to be lime green as if grass were swaying back in forth in the wind.

Rose leaned into me, "I love you," She whispered in my ear. "I love you too," I lean down to her belly level, "And I love this little guy too!" I say, kissing her belly. When I got up, Rose gasped, "SCORPIUS! The baby kicked!" She looked at her belly with love, and then to me, who was rushing to her belly once again.

I laugh, "He or she is kicking!" I say, tears in my eyes. Tears were showing in her bright blue gems as well. God I hope our child will look just like Rose!

~*~

(Rose)

As I was painting the crib, I got a splinter and yelped. Scorpius rushed straight over to me, "Are you okay?" I giggled and nodded.

"Just a splinter." I say, while plucking it out and flinching. The room so far had it's green carpet, a white rocking chair, the yellow wallpaper, a dresser, a toy box, and baby toys everywhere, the last touch was the crib.

"Scor. . . It's scary how much I love our baby so much, yet he or she isn't even born yet." Scopius takes my hand and smiles, "I feel the same way."