Chapter 3

Zacky's POV

I sat in the chair watching as the doctors and nurses flowed through the room to fix Syn's broken wrist. They made an incision in the skin by his thumb and went from there, putting screws and rods into his wrist. At one point, I felt so sick from watching, the nurse had to bring me a pale. I sat there staring at Syn's ashen face. I knew he hated the hospital, and I knew that he hated needles even more. I laughed softly shaking my head, when I felt the girl in my lap move. She had fallen asleep on my shoulder like my 3 year old cousin would've. She gripped onto my shirt making me flinch, but then relaxed a bit. I could tell she was having a nightmare because I could feel warm tears start to go through my shirt and onto my skin. I slowly started rocking her back and forth, not knowing what to do, before she jolted awake. I took my hands off of her as she looked around the room, taking everything in.

"Are you alright?" I asked squirming uncomfortably in my seat.

"Uh yeah, I am," she said looking at me dazed. She relaxed a little bit and fell backwards onto my left arm. "What just happened? Did Mia wake up?" she asked sitting up again, looking over at the bed. I shook my head,

"No, she hasn't woken up yet. I'm sure she will wake up soon though," I said peering over at her lying on the bed connected to a bunch of monitors. "What's your guys' names anyway?" I asked, remembering that the doctors didn't really know either.

"Well, as I said before, that's Amelia, but she likes to be called Mia. Plus, that name just stuck with her, and I'm Heather, but you can call me Heath. I don't mind my name that much, I just like being called Heath for some reason," she said smiling to herself and continued, "how about you guys?" looking up at me.

"Well, the one that's unconscious is Syn. Full name, Synyster Gates. I'm Zacky Vengeance, Zacky for short," I said smiling up at her. She smiled and nodded her head. She looked down to the ground. After a moment, she looked really troubled. 

"We won't be able to go back home," she said, tears filling her eyes, while she started biting her nails. I brought her to my chest for a hug and started rubbing circles into her back. She cried into my shoulder for a while before she collected herself.

"I'm sorry, I'm a complete mess right now," she said wiping her eyes with her sleeves.

"It's okay, I know what you went through and it's hard. I completely understand," I said smiling at her. She smiled and laughed a little,

"I'm going to tell you this now before I come off as creepy, but you have probably the most vibrant green eyes I've ever seen," she said. I laughed quietly and she started again lifting my face for her to look into my eyes, "no, I'm serious. Like, I absolutely love your eyes," she said, laughing to herself. "Too creepy?" she asked and looked away, a slight blush wiped across her cheeks.

"Not at all, but thank you," I said laughing along with her. We sat there for a few moments before we could hear nurses and doctors shouting at each other outside in the hallway,

"No, guys go watch the news! It's the most remarkable thing I've seen in a really long time," a nurse yelled down the hallway. Heath got up quickly and flicked on the T.V and the sound buzzed throughout the whole room.

"Earlier tonight the cops had found a body of the man that had escaped from the prison not far from Huntington Beach, California. He was found presentably dead, so the cops say. Some cops said that he could still be alive, but the blow to his back was pretty major and 'no one could survive a blow like that.' He was found in a vacant house, but witnesses say that the victims were lead out of the house by two black figures that couldn't be named."

My eyes got super wide, but I sighed when she said 'could not be named'. Heath just stared at the T.V in awe as the reporter continued.

"Cops have found a strange engraving in the man's leg. It's saying here it has the letter 'NW' on it with a crescent moon around them. We don't know what it's from, but we know it is not a tattoo and it was done recently. We suppose that the two figures were saving the people that lived in the house. Some are saying that they could be the next superheroes! Find out more information regarding this case on our website. Thank you, and have a great night."

And with that I turned the T.V off and stared over at Brian. We could be claimed as superheroes? I felt a slight tug at my shirt to bring me back into reality.

"Was that you two?" Heath asked looking directly in my eyes. I nodded slightly at her question, when she pulled me into a huge embrace, her arms wrapping around my neck.

"Thank you, so much," she said burying her face into my chest. I hugged her tightly back and sat there for a couple minutes before we heard a cough from the other side of the room. I looked up to see Syn giving me a huge smirk before he began to croak,

"I'm awake, and my wrist hurts like a bitch," he said and we both laughed, Heath unravelling herself out of my arms. I walked over to him, and he was staring at his wrist. "Man, what the hell did they do to my fucking wrist?" He shouted at me. I realized they hadn't put a cast on it yet because he hadn't been awake.

"Well, they put some rods and screws in it," I said shivering from the image in my head.

"Why haven't they put a cast on it then?" he asked moving his arm away from him, staring at it with a grossed out face.

"You had to have been awake, so you would've had to see it anyways," I said laughing at him. He gave me a cold glare and nodded at Heath.

"What's going on between you two?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"I was comforting her!" I yell-whispered. He continued to wiggle his eyebrows, so I put my hand on his face.

"Rape! Rape!" He yelled and started laughing as Heath looked over at us with a concerned look on her face.

"You're such a dick," I said to him.

"How has she been?" Syn said nodding over to Mia.

"She hasn't woken up yet. Doctors say you successfully put her in a coma," I said staring at her pale face. He gave me a nervous glance and Heath came over to us.

"Hey Syn, I'm Heather, but you can call me Heath," she said holding out her hand but pulling back realizing that he couldn't exactly shake her hand.

"Nice to meet yah," he said kind of giving her a small wave with his good hand. "What's her name?" he asked nodding his head at Mia.

"That's Amelia, although she likes to be called Mia," she said looking over at her and grabbing her hand.

"Amelia, what a beautiful name," he said.

Then it was my turn to give him the wiggly eyebrows.