Chapter 23

Mia knelt there for longer watching over Syn and caressing his beaten face. I took a closer look at him and it seemed that his left eye was swollen shut. I instantly felt bad for him, it wasn’t the torture of not being able to see him for days, but it amounted to around there. I turned around to start heading back to where we were camped out. Heath grabbed my arm.

“Where are you going?” she asked looking at me concerned.

“To teach this guy a lesson,” I simply stated and she looked at me and winked. Oh was I in for a great deal of loving when we got home. I smiled to myself and dragged him out into the corridor leading to our room. I opened the door and put him against the wall, holding his collar and staring directly in his eyes. “Think you’re going to get away with hurting my friend and almost raping his girlfriend?” I sneered at him. He honestly looked afraid of me, and to tell you the truth I was scaring myself. “Not in my books, big guy,” I said clocking him right in the jaw. He fell over and I quickly grabbed him again. “That was for Syn,” I said hitting him again, this time roughly in the gut. He bent over and coughed up some blood. “That was for Amelia,” I said and quickly brought my knee up connecting with his nose, wounding him and sending him flying backwards to the cold cement floor. “That was just because you’re an asshole,” I said walking over to him and noticing he was passed out on the ground, his nose bent right . It was definitely broken. I looked down at him, figuring he wasn’t going to wake up anytime soon, I walked off back to Mia, Heath and Syn.

Mia’s POV

I knelt there with my shoulder right under his arm, helping him out of the seat. I slowly began to get up and saw him wince. I knelt back down and looked over at him.

“You’re going to be fine, hun. Let’s try and get you to our room over there,” I said and I saw his head nod slightly. I looked up at Heath and Zacky who were wrapped in each other’s arms.

“I need help, please Zacky,” I said looking up at him. He gave me a comforting smile and took Syn’s other arm. Syn groaned as he began to stand up, obviously hurting him. I tried keeping the pain to a low, but it didn’t seem to work. I knew he would just have to push through the pain and get walking as fast as possible. I looked over at Zacky and we exchanged knowing glances. It was time to repay Syn for what he had done for me.

***

Heath and Zacky sat on some boxes while I was down on the floor helping Syn eat. I’m sure he hadn’t eaten in days, so it was the right thing to do. Syn could finally move his head but after a while it hurt, he could stand perfectly fine, but when it came to walking he was getting better but not quite good enough to be on his own. It was all a speedy recovery, within 12 hours or so. I hadn’t gotten much rest and I was tired out of my mind, but I knew I had to stay alert due to Syn. Heath and Zacky would offer to help me, but I brushed it off because Syn helped me, and I wanted to repay him for that.

“Hey, Heath and I are going to go check out the next floor and a couple rooms. You’re okay with staying here?” Zacky asked getting off of his box. I nodded and he looked at me with concern filling his eyes.

“I’m good,” I said sending him a reassuring smile. He returned it and walked off with Heath. “Don’t be too nasty, you two,” I chimed back.

“There’s the Mia we know and love,” I heard Heath say to Zacky. I looked back at Syn and he had a smirk plastered on his face.

“What are you smirking about,” I asked smiling at him, getting a warm feeling because it was good to see him smile again. “I missed you so much,” I said letting a few tears escape my eyes. He raised his arms for me and I quickly took it and hugged him. He stroked my back gently as I cried into his shirt. “I just missed you so damn much,” I said laughing and looking up at him.