Chapter 17

"Mia, wake up," I heard Heath calling at the door. I opened my eyes to see Mia, her head in my chest and covering her ears. Obviously, Heath's been at it for a while. I shook Mia awake and she looked at me with a serious expression saying 'stay quiet or I'll fuck you up'. I smirked and looked back at the door.

"The door is unlocked, Heath, you can come in," I said earning a punch in the arm. Mia sat up and rubbed her eyes sleepily. Heath walked in and she held out her cellphone to Mia.

"What's this?" she asked grabbing it and looking at the screen her face flushed and she was paler than ever. "B-but, why is she calling us?" she said looking up at Heath. Heath widened her eyes and pointed at the phone. Mia gasped and put her hand to her mouth. She put the phone up to her ear and that was my cue to leave. I got up quietly and made my way to the bathroom leaving the door open to see what all the commotion was about.

"Hi, mom," she said and I stared in the mirror fixing my hair. I walked back out realizing Heath had left and went back to their room.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How are you?" she asked quietly seeing that I had come back into the room. I opened a drawer and rummaged through it pretending I was looking for clothes.

"Yes, I know she's pregnant."

"No, mom, I'm not pregnant as well."

"Yes, he's great, they fit so well together. He will be a great father."

I finished rummaging and quickly pulled on my Metallica T-Shirt. I walked over to the door when Mia finally said,

"Yes, mom, I understand, have a good day."

I looked back and she sat on the bed staring off into space. I walked over to her and sat down beside her.

"What's the matter, hun?" I asked placing my hand on her shoulders and gently rubbing them.

"My mom hasn't phoned us at all since Dad died. Now she's calling to check up on us and she arranged to come and see us," she said looking up at me. I nodded my head and kissed her forehead.

"It's going to be okay. You, Heath and your mom will have a great time catching up," I said bringing her into a hug.

"Thing is, she wants to meet you two and she's got nowhere to stay and so I kind of told her she could stay here," she said. I shrugged my shoulders and we walked to the door.

"It'll be alright just quit stressing about it for a while," I said leading her out of the room. We walked downstairs into the living room, where Zacky and Heath sat conversing with one another.

"How'd the chat go with mom?" Heath asked looking up at Mia. I sat down on the couch, her following right behind.

"It was alright, y'know. She asked to come visit us," she said. I looked over at Heath and her face brightened.

"That's good, we can catch up over lunch or something," Heath said getting excited.

"She wants to meet the guys, and I kinda offered her a place here," she said. Heath's face automatically turned into concern.

"But we know how to deal with mom. They, on the other hand, don't," Heath said, her face filling with worry.

"I know, I shouldn't have but it just kinda slipped my mind," Mia said looking down at her hands.

"What's going on?" Zacky asked. I nodded, asking myself the same thing.

"You guys are going to have to learn proper manners, wear proper things, we have to look like a proper family," Heath said as if she was reciting it.