Chapter 7

I smiled at her politely, still shaking her hand. I let go and she wandered off to the kitchen to, what I supposed was, to find Johnny. I walked over to where Zacky was standing, talking to Matt and his girlfriend.

“Hey, uh, Zacky, can I talk to you for a minute please?” I asked, scratching the back of my neck. He nodded and looked over at my concerned face, he immediately knew something was wrong. I led him upstairs and into my bedroom, where I knew no one would be.

“Yeah, we might have a problem,” I said.

“Why?” he asked getting impatient.

“Well, you know that girl Melanie Stratford? Uh, Johnny’s dating her,” I said awkwardly. Zacky stood there astonished at the news.

“How does she not know who we are?” Zacky asked. I shrugged and sat down on my bed, putting my head in my hands. “How ‘bout let’s just say nothing and hope to God she doesn’t remember,” he continued. I nodded in agreement with him and wiped my hands down my face.

“Sounds like a plan,” I said, getting up and fist-pounding him. I walked down the stairs quietly and joined the rest of our friends in the living room who were all talking to Heath and Mia. I walked into the living room and took my place on the couch beside Mia and instantly joined the conversation.

“Talk about almost dying,” Johnny said hugging Melanie closer to him. “Melanie had a house fire and almost died too. She was saved by two black figures, isn’t that right, hun?” Johnny asked looking over at Melanie, who was now blushing.

“Yeah, but I don’t remember much because the smoke did get to my head quite a bit,” she said, smiling, obviously partly recovered.

“Those two black figures have been saving a lot of people here in Huntington Beach. I saw them on the news the other day. It was your story, Melanie,” Matt said, coming over and grabbing the remote, “speaking of, I think there just so happens to be re-runs of the news on today!” Matt turned on the TV and flicked to the channel that the news was on. I saw a woman who was standing there with a stern look on her face and she started to say,

Good evening…”

Then proceeded to tell us why it wasn’t.

In the past few days the two black figures had saved a girl, but she didn’t claim to remember who they were because of all the smoke she had inhaled. She told reporters the same story the other young lady had when she got interviewed. Police are reporting that we must stop these two masked vigilantes immediately before The Police Services goes bankrupt. TPS haven’t gotten any calls for emergencies in the past while, but had to show up to a few because the calls or pleas for help to the two were not working. I’m Sandra Kullo, and this is your 6 o’clock news.”

We all stared at the screen for a while before looking away and glancing at each other but mainly at Melanie and Heath.

“So, what exactly were you doing before the fire started?” Zacky asked, trying to be as genuinely interested as possible.

“Well, I was just getting home from work and it had been an hour since then and I was sitting in my room reading the morning paper. That’s when I started smelling smoke and I retreated to my bathroom. Next thing you know, I was in the hospital being cared for,” Melanie said as we all just kind of nodded our heads as she went along. Me and Syn gave each other nervous glances throughout the story and continued on in the conversation.

****

 Once I had finished helping Zacky and Heath put everything away, I realized that something was off. Mia wasn’t there helping. I went to look in the living room and everywhere else on the bottom floor but I had no such luck. I went back in the kitchen to tell Zacky and Heath that I was off to bed, when I noticed that they weren’t there anymore. I walked up the stairs to my room, when I was stopped by mumbling from the bathroom. I backed up a couple steps to see that Mia was in the bathroom staring at herself in the mirror. I walked in behind her and she immediately stopped talking. I wrapped my arms over her shoulders and we just stared at each other’s reflections.

“What were you saying to yourself?” I asked her softly.

“Oh, it was nothing,” she said under her breath.

“Well, it had to be something.” I said spinning her around to face me.

“First of all, I have this ugly scar on my forehead,” she said taking a breath and continuing, “plus, I have this one on my lip.” I kissed both of her scars very softly and spun her around to face the mirror again.

“Even with all these scars,” I said touching both of them gently, “I still think you are beautiful, inside and out.” A warm smile danced across her lips. She grabbed hold of my hands and I put my chin on her shoulder. I turned my head to hers just as she was about to say something and interrupted her with a kiss. I pecked her a few times before she finally turned around yet again, so she was facing me. I grabbed her legs and lifted her up just enough so she was sitting on the edge of the counter. I deepened the kiss and she pulled the move that made me go wild. She bit my bottom lip playfully and quickly pulled away. She giggled as I gave a throaty growl of lust before I crashed my lips into hers. I licked her bottom lip wanting access and let me tell you right now.

Access Granted.

She wrapped her legs around my waist and I pulled her even closer to me guiding my tongue with hers. I lifted her up off the counter not breaking apart but simply turning around and pinning her to the wall. She tightened her legs around my waist, feeling that I was getting extremely aroused. She smiled whilst we were still kissing. Her hands crept down my chest and she started unbuttoning my shirt and I set her down on the ground to let her fully take it off without seizing to break the kiss. I lifted her shirt off as well before pinning her arms above her head on the wall. I got myself as close as I could to her, feeling her body on mine. A little moan escaped her lips and that got my ‘friend’ extremely excited. I lifted her back onto my waist and she let out a small giggle. I moved over and my leg bumped into the ledge of the bathtub. I stepped over the ledge not paying any attention as we continued to tongue wrestle. We kept following the wall until I felt my hair start to get wet. I looked up and I saw that we had by accident hit the faucet to turn the shower on. I looked at Mia intently and she had a spark in her eyes. She removed the space in between our faces and she kissed me over and over again. She ran her hands through my already soaked hair and hers as well. I searched for the faucet behind her with only one hand and not breaking apart. I found the faucet and began turning it slowly down. It got colder and colder as it went down and the more cold it got the more Mia would tighten her legs around me. I smiled more as her grip got tighter before I finally turned the shower off. I placed her outside of the shower as I got out as well. I took her hand and I pulled her just across the hall to the bedroom. I ran over to the bed and she came and jumped onto me crashing our lips together. I lifted her and turned her around so her back was to the bed. I threw her closer to the headboards so we wouldn’t fall off the bed, just in case. I hovered over her started planting kisses along her neck and getting lower each time until I got to the middle of her neck where I continued my descent downwards. I kept kissing her until I got to just over her navel. I kissed the part right above her belly button and I knew that I had reached a sweet spot. Her hips shot up and she moaned quite loudly. I made my way back up to her face earning a couple more moans here and there.  Then out of nowhere I heard,

“Yeah! Go Syn! You got yourself a keeper over there,” Zacky yelled as he banged on the walls and continued to yell, “Yeah well, so do I!"