Chapter 3

My phone ringing is what woke me up. I checked the caller I.D. It was my dad.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey. I know how much going to Warped Tour means to you. I wanted to say good luck. And I was told to make sure you were up." he said.

"Well, thank you. And who told you to make sure I was up?" I said.

"Your brother. But I needed to talk to you anyways." he said.

"Okay. What is it you need to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Well, Bryan and Johnnie both called me. And both of them were really upset. They said you had to leave early and you would be on a different bus. And I thought if they were so upset, you would have to be pretty upset. How are you?" he said.

"Well, I could be better." I admitted.

"You know you can vent to me. I'll always listen." he said.

"Well, all my life I've had Bryan right beside me, supporting me. For the last couple of years, Johnnie has done the same thing. They've been there for me to help balance me out. Plus they've been there when I needed them most. I don't know what I'm going to do without them, dad." I explained.

"Emory, just because you're all not right there together, doesn't mean that changes. They're a phone call away, sweetie. They both still support you and love you. They can still be there when you need them. All you have to do is call them." he said.

"It's just really hard to take in. I went from hiding behind Bryan and Johnnie to making my dream come true. Of course I don't regret any of this. I just really wish they were right here beside me." I said.

"Yeah, but you weren't going to be able to hide behind them forever. Bryan made his dream come true.It's your turn now, sweetie." he said.

"Thank you, dad. You always know what to say. I have to get up. I love you." I said.

"I love you, too. Bye." he said.

"Bye." I said and hung up.

I got up and turned to my little closet. I put on my purple skinny jeans, a black Panic! At The Disco t-shirt, and purple vans. I straightened my dyed red hair and did my eyeliner. I walked to the lounge area of the bus. My phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey. How are you doing?" I heard Bryan ask.

"I talked to dad. He helped me see things a little clearer. I mean it's not like I'm losing you or Johnnie. You are both still going to be there for me when I need you guys. All I have to do is call you guys. And it's the same for both of you, alright? If either of you need me, just call me. I'll always be there for you guys." I said.

"Thank you. I'll make sure to tell Johnnie that. And good luck. With everything." he said.

"Thanks. And good luck to you, too." I said.

"I've got to go. We're getting on the buses now. I love you. And I'll see you later today for the party." he said.

"Yeah. See you. I love you, too. Bye. " I said.

"Bye." he said and hung up.

A little while later, I got another call. It was Johnnie.

"Hey, Johnnie." I said.

"Hey. Bryan told me what you said and I wanted to say thank you. I know you've always been there for me but I never wanted to bother you with my problems. But it's still great to have you be there whenever I need you." he said.

"Of course. You're my best friend, Johnnie. You and Bryan mean the world to me and I want to be there for you guys. You've always been there when I needed you guys and I don't feel like I've been there for you two like I should've been. I want to make it up to both of you." I said.

"Emory, every time I told you I needed you, you were there for me. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you. You and Bryan are the best of friends I could ask for. But I have to go now. I'm going to start getting ready for the party. I love you, Em. Bye." he said.

"I love you, too, Johnnie. Bye." I said and hung up.

I guess I should freshen up for the party. I went to my little bedroom's closet thing. I got out white skinny jeans, a purple tank-top, a black and white checkered flannel, and purple vans. I got dressed. I looked through my hair dyes. I chose purple with white at the end. I quickly and carefully dyed my hair. I left it curly. I fixed my eyeliner and put my phone in my back pocket. I got off the bus and walked to where the party was being held. I was looking around for either Bryan or Johnnie. I bumped into someone. I looked to see a YouTuber that I really like. I've just never met him.