Chapter 10

When I woke up the next morning, I had the worst headache. My eyes were red, puffy, and swollen. It's going to be hard to make that unnoticeable. I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up and seen it was my dad calling. I quickly answered it.

"Hi, daddy." I made it sound super cheery.

"Well, you seem to be in a good mood." he said.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I sounded confused.

"Let's just say it's not only Bryan and Johnnie that's worried about you this time. Johnnie said the only times he saw you yesterday was at breakfast and on stage." he said. I faked a laugh.

"It's not like that. I'm not upset at all. I've just been really tired lately and I was just trying to catch up on some sleep." I lied. My dad sighed.

"You know you don't have to lie to me. Johnnie told me what happened. He didn't mean it and he's really sorry." dad said.

"Dad, I promise, I'm fine. I just really needed my sleep. Warped Tour is fun but it's exhausting." I'm surprised at how believable that sounded.

"Alright, sweetie. Just call me if you need anything." dad said.

"Okay. I have to go." I said.

"Wait. Bryan asked me to tell you that your schedule is clear today. You don't have anything to do." he said.

"Oh. That's cool. Thanks for telling me. I love you. Bye." I said.

"I love you, too. Bye." he said and we hung up.

I threw my phone across the room. I'm so lucky it didn't shatter. I still ignored every time someone called or texted. But then, I heard banging on the door of my bus. I ignored it. Until I heard a girl voice say," It's Damon. He needs you."

I got up quickly and ran to the door, unlocking it and yanking it open.

"Where's Damon? Is he okay? Is he hurt?" I asked so many questions while yanking my shoes on.

"There's some guy standing outside of Damon's bus yelling for Damon." Alex said.

"Where's Damon?" I asked.

"He's at his meet up." she responded.

"Alright. Here's what you're going to do. You're going to go to Damon's meet up. Keep him with you until I call you. Make sure you two stay around a bunch of people." I said.

"What about you?" she asked.

"Just do what I said. Don't worry about me. Now go." I said and she left.

I took a deep breath and walked to Damon's bus, where I heard yelling. I soon saw the man causing it all. I slowly walked towards him. He quickly turned around and saw me.

"Uhm. Hi. Is there any way I can help you?" I say to him. I have to be brave. For Damon.

"Actually yeah. I've seen pictures of you with my son, Damon. Could you help me find him?" the man, Damon's dad, said.

"Could I ask why?" I said.

He stepped dangerously close to me.

"If you don't tell me where to find than son-of-a-bitch, you're going to regret it." he said.

"Dad, stop and move away from Emory." I heard Damon say.

"Alex, I told you to keep him away from here." I said.

"He automatically suspected something. And he knows when I lie." she said.

"Alex, huh? That whore your girlfriend?" Damon's dad asked.