Chapter 7

The next morning, I woke up to my alarm clock blaring. I turned it off and got up. I went to my closet to choose something to wear. I chose purple skinny jeans, a grey shirt that Johnnie gave me, black converse, and Bryan's jacket. I did my eyeliner and fixed my hair. I put my wallet into my back pack and my phone in my back pocket. I walked off of my bus and to the place where we rehearse. The band was already there, waiting for me. I got onto the stage and went to my mic stand. I got the stage hand to bring me a stool. I turned towards my band.
"Alright guys. I want to start with Joan Of Arc. We're not playing it today but I want to practice it." I said. They nodded and started.
"Each time they take a photograph, I lose a part I can't get back. I wanna hide. This is the part where I detach. Each time they write a hateful word, dragging my soul into the dirt, I wanna die. Never admit it but it hurts. I don't wanna talk about it right now. Just hold me while I cry my eyes out. I'm not Joan Of Arc. Not yet. But I'm in the dark, yeah. I can't be a superhero right now. Even hearts made out of steel can break down. You'll always be my soldier. I can depend on. Anything the did to, said to me. Doesn't mean a thing cuz you're here with me now. Even when the world turns its back on me. There could be a war but I'm not going down. One little lie could ruin my day. Words are like weapons, they betray. When I'm afraid. One word of kindness can save me.
I don't wanna talk about it right now. Just hold me while I cry my eyes out. I'm not Joan Of Arc. Not yet. But I'm in the dark, yeah. I can't be a superhero right now. Even hearts made of steel can break down. You'll always be my soldier. I can depend on. Anything they did to me, said to me. Doesn't mean a thing cuz your hear with me now. Even when the world turns its back on me. There can be a war but I'm not going down. Being destructive isn't brave. They couldn't say it to my face. One day I won't care. But for the moment I'm not there. I'll just close my eyes and let you catch me now.
I don't wanna talk about it right now. Just hold me while I cry my eyes out. I'm not Joan Of Arc. Not yet. But I'm in the dark, yeah. I can't be a superhero right now. Even hearts made out of steel can break down. You'll always be my soldier. I can depend on. Anything they did to me, said to me. Doesn't mean a thing cuz you're here with me now. Even when the world turns its back on me. There can be a war but I'm not going down. Anything they did to me, said to me. Doesn't mean a thing cuz you're here with me now. Even when the world turns its back on me. There can be a war but I'm not Joan Of Arc." I sang.
I heard clapping and turned towards it. It was Damon, Jason, Cyr, Kate, and the My Digital Escape members.
"That was so good." Damon said.
"Well, thank you. I couldn't do it without these guys." I say, pointing behind me.
I really couldn't do it without my band. They basically set the tone.
"I can't wait to stand in the crowd at one of your stages." Alex said.
"Well, I have one later if you have the time. I have to ask you guys to leave, though. It's only for this practice. We're practicing a new song. Sorry." I said.
"It's alright. Bye, Emory. Bye, everybody," Jeydon said.
"Bye guys." I said.
They left. Damon stood there for a minute before following the others out.
"What new song?" Kasey (a guy), our drummer, asked.
"There isn't one. I just wanted them to leave." I said.
"Why?" Ryan, our bassist, asked.
"Because one of those guys make me a little nervous." I said.
"So what are you going to do if you see him in the crowd one day?" Liam, our guitarist, asked.
"I'll get over it and won't let it show. Now let's get back to practicing." I said.
Practice lasted for another 2 hours. I was walking to my bus when I saw Damon. He was alone. This is the perfect opportunity to start my little plan. I walked over and sat beside him on the ground.
"Hey, Damon." I said.
"Hey." He said.
We sat in silence for a minute.
"What are you thinking about?" I asked.
"Nothing." He said.
"I know that's a lie." I said.
He looked at me.
"How?" He asked.
"I used to be the same way. Me and Johnnie helped each other out with that." I said.
"Oh." He said.
"Yeah. So what are you thinking about?" I asked.
"Honestly, you." He said.
"What about me?" I asked.
"I don't know. There's just something about you that makes me feel like I can trust you." He said.
"You can trust me. I mean, I'm not going to force you to tell me anything, but you can if you want. I can keep a secret." I said. He didn't say anything.
"Okay. Well, if you need anything, here's my number." I said, writing my number on his hand.
I stood up and started walking to my bus. I got on to see Alex sitting on the couch.
"Hey, Emory." She said.
"Hey, Alex." I said.
"I'm sorry about just showing up. But I saw you and Damon talking. I just wanted to say, be careful. He's not as great as he seems." She said.
"Okay. Well, thank you but Johnnie beat you to the warning. Also, everybody is a good person. They just might not show it to everyone. You can't just judge someone before you know everything. You don't if he's been through stuff in his life and doesn't know how to move past it. Also, you don't know if he's still going through it and doesn't know how to deal with it. You never know what's going on. You can't just judge someone without getting to really know them." I said.
"I tried to get to know him. He never told me anything." She tried to defend herself.
"It doesn't matter, Alex. Do you remember a time when Johnnie was like that?" I said. She nodded. " I was like that, too. Me and Johnnie helped each other through it. Now we're both more open. Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. Now could you please just leave?" I said.
She got up and walked off the bus. I walked back to my little room and say on the edge of my bed. I put my head in my hands. Why does everyone feel the need to try and keep me away from Damon? I heard my phone ring. I grabbed it and saw it was an unknown number. I answered it.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hey. It's Damon. Can I talk to you? Like in person?" He said.
"Sure. You can come to my bus." I said.
"Thanks. I'll see you in a few minutes. Bye." He said.
"Alrighty. Bye." I said.
We hung up. I grabbed my hoodie that said HORNETS and put it on. I put my hair into a messy bun. I took my contacts out and put on my big black nerd glasses. I heard a knock on my bus door. I went to the door and slowly opened it. It was Damon.