Chapter 8

"Come in. Welcome to my home on wheels." I said.

He laughed. He came in and sat on the couch. I sat beside him. I turned towards him and sat on my knees. He did the same.

"So. You wanted to talk?" I asked.

"I want to make sure i can trust you before I talk to you." he said.

"Damon, I promise, anything you tell me stays between me and you. Would it make you feel better if I tell you something about me that no else knows?" I said.

"It might." he said.

Instead of telling him, I just pulled up my sleeves and held out my arms for him to see my wrists. He held them lightly and just looked at them. I slowly pulled my arms back and pulled my sleeves down. I held my sleeves over my hands.

"Please don't tell my brother or anyone." I said.

"I promise I won't. But why do you do that?" he asked.

"Well, I may be a singer now and the sister of a YouTuber but I'm still very insecure. I know I shouldn't, but I read the hate every chance get. Bryan and Johnnie help me so much. I didn't want them to get worried about me. I'll be fine. I don't need them to be worried about me. I'll get through it." I said.

"Nobody should have to go through this alone." he said.

"Enough about me. What was it you wanted to tell me?" I asked.

"Well, you know Alex Dorame? I really liked her but I didn't mean to hurt her. She told me everything about her. I never told her a single thing about me. When I was about ready to tell her something, I'd get scared and chicken out. I thought she would get scared away and stop talking to me." he said.

"And here I am getting upset about hate. So, what was some of the stuff you wanted to tell her. If you don't want to go all into detail that's fine. Just tell me a little until you feel like you can fully trust me." I said.

"Thank you for not rushing me. I was going to tell her a little about my past and about what I was going through at the time. I'm still trying to get over it. Uhm, my dad abused me when I was young. That's why him and my mom got a divorce. Nobody believed me. Only my mom." he said.

He had tears going down his face. I reached over an pulled him into a hug.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Why do you feel like you can't tell Alex that?" I said. I pulled back and looked at him.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because I don't want her to see how vulnerable I really am. I'm not sure. I'm just really scared to tell her." he said.

"I understand being scared to tell her. But if you really like her and she really likes you, you should be able to be vulnerable with each other. It may not be anytime soon but you should be able to be at least a little vulnerable with each other." I said.

He nodded while looking down at his hands. I'm guessing he was trying to process what I said.

"Thank you for talking to me about this. I don't feel comfortable enough to tell you anymore tonight. But you did help me some so thanks." he said.

"Anytime. Middle of the night. All you have to do is call. Anytime. I'll be there for you." I said. He reached over and hugged me.

"Seriously. Thank you for everything, Emory. You're a big help. And same for you. If you need me just call. Anytime." he said.

"Thank you, Damon." I said.

He just nodded. He pulled back and looked at me.

"I'll see you later. Bye." he said.

"Bye." I said.

He got up and walked to the door. He opened the door and walked out. I went to my little bedroom and lay down. I took my glasses off and lay them on the little table. I slowly fell asleep.