*4*

*Shane's POV*

At this point, I was desperate. I had done so much for Jace and I would continue to sacrifice anything for him. Now was the one and only time I wanted him to do something for me: be with me.

I woke up feeling great that he'd finally said he wanted me back. Today was Sunday, and tonight I'd have Jace in my arms again. It was a great way to kick off senior year.

I freshened up quickly and made my way down the stairs.

"Wow, you look happy," Darren commented when I entered the kitchen. Everybody was awake and buzzing around getting their breakfasts. I enjoyed having the house a bit full for once. There was Ryan, my step dad and Darren's real dad. Then my mother, and Jasper, our dog. And a new addition to the family- figuratively speaking - was Tyler. He was dating Darren, and since he was always over, it seemed that he practically lived here. He even had some of his clothes and belongings permanently in Darren's room in case he stayed the night. I guess last night was one of those nights. In other words, they definitely fucked.

The strange thing? Darren and Tyler were both my exes.

Yeah, it was complicated.

"I'm sorry, is it weird for Shane Cooper to smile?" I retorted as Ryan gave me a side hug.

"I made you some scrambled eggs," he informed. Man I loved when people made food for me. Ryan was easy to get along with and I slipped into the habit of calling him Dad soon enough. It was just the right thing to do, and it helped me deal with the death of my own father.

""Morning, baby," Mom called out, making something at the stove. I went up to her and kissed her cheek in greeting.

"Nolan should be here," Tyler said. He was buried in Darren's arms, and while he was nibbling an apple, Darren was gently biting on the skin of his neck. I briefly grimaced, remembering that, that exact spot was Tyler's sweet spot. "Don't you two, like, ever get intimate?" Ty asked me.

I brought out a plate and turned to face Tyler. "Not in that way."

Tyler frowned. "You're shitting me, right?" he gave me a droll look.

"Can we not do this in front of the parentals?"

Mom chuckled. "It's not as if any of your sex lives are secret, boys. Your room walls aren't exactly sound proof and... you get the idea. By the way, Tyler, you really need to take those moans down a notch."

"Mom!" Darren said as Tyler's cheeks grew red with embarrassment.

"I'll... work on it, I guess." Tyler responded. I cackled with laughter.

"See how it feels?" I asked, proving my point. He grimaced.

"Never in front of the parentals. Got it."

Mom and Ryan moved to the dining area to eat, leaving the conversation.

I began to put some eggs onto my plate. "Jace and I are getting back together," I confessed. "Today, hopefully."

"Whoa, just like that?" Darren queried.

"Yeah. Too soon?"

"Well, Nolan's a fragile kid."

"Please, he plays football," Tyler disagreed. Darren kissed Ty's cheek.

"Yes, sweetheart, but we don't mean physically fragile. We're talking about his heart."

Tyler gasped. "Ohhh," he understood. I rolled my eyes to the ceiling, Duh, Ty.

"I care about Nolan. I do, but I care about Jace a whole lot more. It's just the truth."