Chapter 3: Can I talk to you?

!~* Antonio's POV *~!

* two weeks later *

It's Saturday, and Tiana and I are out and about, shopping for stuff. We decided to drive my 2013 Ford F-250 Platinum truck.

"Babe, turn it up!" She exclaimed as she started to sing Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.

"I'm waking up to ash and dust. I wipe my brow, and I sweat my rust. I'm breathing in the chemicals," T screamed at the top of her lungs. My truck's speakers are really loud, so I guess she was trying to sing above them. I chuckled at her facial expression. She sang the rest of the song horribly, and after it went off, she turned it down.

"What are you laughing at?" She asked curiously studying my face as I was driving to Home Depot.

"You," I said and laughed even harder. She punched me playfully.

"Shut up Antonio, it wasn't that bad," she pouted.

"I still like you though, mi amore. Even though you sound like a dying elephant," I said as we stopped at a red light. I kissed her cheek, as butterflies polluted my stomach. 10 years, and she still makes me feel like this.

"Yeah yeah, whatever," she laughed.

We got home around 7 just shopping around New York. Good thing it was the weekend, so Tiana doesn't have to work tomorrow. I set all the stuff on the counter, we plan on redecorating tomorrow. I closed the door after Tiana brought like 2 bags in and sat them down. As soon as she dropped the second bag, I attacked her lips. I pushed her up against the wall and made her straddle me. After about 5 minutes of this heated make out session, she pulled away gasping for air.

"What was that for?" She smiled and asked.

"I've been waiting to do that to you ALL day. I didn't know that many photographers followed you around and took pictures of you," I stroked her cheek, and gently set her down.

"Yeah, I neglected to tell you that..." She trailed off. Tiana models as a side job for Vogue and Glamour as well as writes for them sometimes. She doesn't need the money, it's just something she enjoys doing.

"Anddddddd, someone had to tell me that you model?! What's up with that?" I asked tugging her back closer to me, and snaking my arms around her waist as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Welllll... I don't like to brag about it. Who told you that?" She asked curiously and pecked my lips.

"Nobody, haha. I brought a Vogue magazine to give to you yesterday, but I saw you were on the cover for November," I smiled and handed her the magazine.

"THEY PICKED ME TO BE ON THE COVER?!" She squealed in my ear. I slid away from her and covered my ears.

"I thought you didn't like to brag?" I said still recovering from my recent ear injury.

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to hurt your ear," she said kissing my cheek.

"It's okay, did they give you an article too?" I said sitting on the couch and telling her to come sit with me.

"Uhh, page 32," she stated as she flipped through the magazine and handed it to me.

"It's about... Warren," I sighed and handed it back to her.

"Nooo..." She said dragging out the "o". "It's about love and being happy, and about you. I just had to use Warren's name because, well- yano..." She trailed off. Instantly, I got jealous, and stormed to the kitchen.

"Wait a minute, Antonio." She said, I could tell she was just as pissed as I am.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I said moving beside her and walking into my room. My blood boiled every time I thought about it. She followed right behind me and closed the door.

"You knew what you were getting into. So before you get upset, just remember what we talked about two weeks ago. You know I'm engaged, so don't act like you didn't know. I told you the article was about you, I just had to use his name babe," she said sitting on my bed as I was still standing.

"I know... But y'all have pictures of y'all kissing and hugging and crap. I just hate when someone else gets to show you off and I can't," I sighed and flopped on my bed.

"I understand... But just wait. I think either Warren will mess up, or you'll actually make me fall in love with you," she giggled as she crawled over to my side of the bed and laid next to me.

"Haha, so you really think I won't?" I asked curiously. I saw a little blush in her brown cheeks.

"Nope. I actually feel like you're doing a pretty great job. I'm falling for you," she replied and sighed then kissed my cheek.

"Well, I wanna let you in on a little secret," I whispered.

"What?" She whispered back.

"I'm falling for you too. I think I'm falling for you harder than you are falling for me," I replied and kissed her lips sweetly.

"That's great! And then when we can finally go public, it'll be us taking those cute pictures together, and attending move premieres in LA..." She trailed off and looked up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, and maybe we'll have a little Antonio and a little Tiana too," I whispered. I did NOT expect her to hear me, cause I thought she fell asleep. I was just missing my family back home, and I miss taking care if Aiden, my little brother. But I'll explain that later.

"Yeah... Maybe one day," she responded then laid on my chest and fell asleep. Most girls probably would've freaked out, but she accepted it. I mean, were not getting any younger!

I woke up at 8, and Tiana wasn't laying next to me. I looked at my phone and saw she had texted me.

"I'm out with my dad and Warren. Sorry, I know it seems like I'm with him a lot, but I'm just trying to figure out how to tell my dad. Thanks, I'll see you later! (:"

"Okay babe. It's fine, I'll see you later (:" I texted back. This is gonna be a long evening.

*!~ Tiana's POV ~!*

I was out with Warren and my dad which I did not want to be. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad! It's just that Warren is here, and my dad told me it was just supposed to be me and him.

"So baby, how was your day," Warren asked holding my hand as we walked into the restaurant.

"It was actually great! How about yours?" I asked trying to be polite. I missed when Warren and I were best friends. After Antonio left, and my father started this business, Warren took Antonio's place. We were so happy with our friendship because we weren't attracted to each other. Then all the sudden we were basically being forced to be together.

"Ehh, it was alright. Kinda boring without you there. Ya know, I miss our friendship we had when we were younger. I could always count on you to make me laugh," he said pulling out my chair. Cameras were everywhere. I like the attention I get, but sometimes I hate it. I can't make one move without it getting noticed.

"I miss it too. I-" I started before Warren kissed me. This time I kinda felt something there and kissed back until I noticed someone talking behind me.

"Uhm... Hi? Tiana," I heard Antonio say. I pulled away from the kiss and looked up. He was with a gorgeous woman, and I immediately got jealous.

"H-hi! Antonio," I said standing and hugging him like I haven't seen him today.

"Hey, uhmm. Well, this is Sofia. She's my cousin," he said moving so I could shake her hand.

"Oh! Hi Sofia! Might I just say that you're gorgeous," I said letting go of her hand.

"Thank you! And so are you! I'm proud of my cousin for choosing a gorgeous girlfriend," she said. My eyes went wide. My father and Warren were shocked. I looked at Antonio for help. NO one was supposed to know except us.

"No no, Sofia. She's not my girlfriend. She's just a temporary roommate. Until about a week from now and then I'm moving out," he said honestly. He's moving? I know he saw me kiss Warren, but it really didn't mean anything. Well, it kinda... I really don't know.

"Oh, that Antonio! Hello son, I had no idea you were even back," my dad said standing and shaking Antonio's hand.

"Hello sir! Nice to see you. You've aged well in 10 years. You look the same!" Antonio said and releasing my dad's hand. When we were younger, they always joke about age.

"You know what they say about black men and aging. It's nice to see you've finally hit puberty son. Even have a little chin stumble," he responded. I laughed a little.

"Thank you for noticing sir. Well, my cousin and I are gonna go eat; nice to see you gentlemen," he said shaking Warren and my dad's hand. "And I'll see you when we get home," he said giving me a friendly kiss on the cheek.

The whole night I was thinking about the kiss, and Antonio, and how I got jealous. I don't think I have a connection with Warren as I do with Antonio. I just messed up, and started thinking of what Warren and I used to have. But it's not like what Antonio and I have.

"Hi," I said walking in the door acknowledging Antonio.

"Hey. Did you have fun?" He asked standing and following me to the kitchen.

"It was just one of those things. It was alright. I really had a lot of fun with my dad though. You know how close we are," I replied taking down a wine glass and pouring wine into it. I offered Antonio some, but he declined.

"No, I mean did you have fun kissing Warren?" He asked bluntly.

"I- well he kissed me. I didn't really kiss him," I said trying to find an excuse.

"I saw you kiss him back, Tiana. I'm not stupid," he snapped.

"Okay, Antonio. I kissed him back, yes I did. But I promise you the whole time, I just wanted to be back here with you. I felt so horrible. It was just a moment of weakness. I'm so sorry," I said trying to hug him, but he backed away.

"You know, I understand this whole 'faking a relationship' thing. I just don't know if I can do it anymore. I want to be with you Tiana, I really do. But I don't know if I can handle sharing you," he sighed and took my hand in his. Oh boy here comes the break up. I actually like Antonio. I'm REALLLY falling for this kid. But no, I had a weak moment, and he caught me.

"I'm not breaking up with you. I'm just saying like please don't have another weak moment. I really really really like you. Okay? And I honestly can see us being together for a long time. Just stick with me through this. I'm trying to figure out how to not be jealous. But that kiss kinda ripped me apart. I just hope I don't have to see that again. I hate sharing someone as gorgeous as you with somebody. I scares me to think I could lose you," he said cupping my cheeks.

"Again, I'm sorry. You're not gonna lose me. I'm here as long as you are okay?" I said. He nodded and leaned down to kiss me. This kiss was... Everything. I have no idea why I thought I was feeling Warren in that one kiss. But boy was I wrong. Antonio. He's the one I want. He's the one I'm falling for.

Antonio and I were laying on the couch and watching a movie until Warren knocked on my door. I don't know why he keeps stopping by so much!

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," he responded. "Uhm, can- can we talk?" He asked.

"Sureee..." I said really unsure about letting him in. He took a seat in my arm chair and acknowledged Antonio. Babe sat up and excused himself so we could talk.

"So, what's up?" I asked suspiciously.

"Uhh, I was just thinking about earlier and the ki-" he started.

"Look War, I don't really wanna talk about it. I know you don't really love me, and I'm not really in love with you. But I still care about you-" this time he cut me off.

"Yeah, I was waiting on that. I know we've fell out of love and we're just doing this for our dads. But at some point we have to live for ourselves right? But I was actually thinking about how we miss our friendship. I know you're probably messing around with Antonio, but I don't care. I just want my best friend back. The one I could come to everything about, and you would never fail to make me smile. I miss the teenage us, Tiana," he said taking my hand in his.

"I know War, I miss us too. But I just need to keep this up because I just need a way to tell my dad. Without lying," I answered truthfully. I would hate to lie to my dad, but I don't want Warren and I both to suffer.

"I'll do it until you figure it out. But that's only because I love you T, as a friend. Uhm... Thanks for this, and I'll see you at the office Monday. Bright and early," he said kissing my cheek and leaving. I smiled to myself. I think I've finally got my best friend back.

A/N: Kind of a short chapter, sorry! But there is a picture of Tiana and Warren's outfits for the dinner on the side. There is also a video called Count on Me by Bruno Mars. It explains Tiana and Warrens relationship. How do you feel about them just being friends now? I can tell you that they both mean it about being just friends. That's it for their romance. Do you think Tiana is being kind of a punk for not telling her father? PLEASE comment. I am loving the feedback I am getting. Please continue! Also S/O to my favorite follower @Oreocookiez15! And @LiveLoveDream1D are thinking about another book for you guys? Maybe in two weeks? Yay or Nay? Please tell me what you think. Love you guys!

~CasuallyMe