Chapter 35: Epilogue

I looked down on my daughter, and her family, everyone. I smiled at them as my heart warmed, it was beautiful to see this. I always knew her and Antonio would end up together, and I always knew they would start a family.

It was Krystal's coming home party, she had been away at college. Everyone attacked her with hugs, kisses, and congratulations. But, everything stopped when a nice looking guy came in. He looked to be black, but you never know these days. I tilted my head as I watched this all unfold. The room was intense as he walked to her, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. The laughing and fun continued after that, but I was a little suspicious about it.

Later, I found out that his name is Andrew, him and Krys were best friends in high school, and, since they went to different colleges, had no contact. It was awkward at first between them as they sat in her old room, dangling their feet off the bed, until another girl around Krystal's age walked in. She looked exactly like Andrew, and I noted it was his twin sister.

My eyes wandered over back to my daughter and her husband. Tiana pulled Antonio's lips to hers, and giggled all throughout the kiss, making me crack a smile. After sixteen years of marriage, he still made her feel that way, and that's what I loved about my Godson. He continued to produce that smile on her face, and she was always happy, which is all a mother could want for her daughter: happiness. Tiana's arms wrapped around Antonio's neck as he held her tightly, leaning into her neck.

"I love you," she whispered, and he nodded.

"I love you more, mi amoré," he whispered back in his deep accent. He held her closely as they enjoyed their moment until Matthew and Alexa came in.

Matthew and Alexa were bouncing another little baby boy as they entered. They now have Chris who is a freshmen in college, just like Aiden, Emily, who is a sophomore in high school, and this little bundle named Jason who looked to be two years old. Warren and his wife Vanessa barged in also, and the three couples laughed and came into one group hug. I shook my head as I watched the scene unfold. It took a lot to make this happen, but not too much that I had to do. Only thing I did was nudge Tiana a little forward when Antonio first kissed her, and she's been hooked ever since then.

My eyes shuffled again as I saw Tiana's twins, Alexandria and Gabriel come swerving down the road. I pushed a car out of the way for them, making sure they didn't hit it. I told Tiana not to let anyone but Alex drive that car, yet Gabe seemed to always end up in the driver's seat. But, they were juniors now, and did whatever they wanted, it was their car. They were two gorgeous twins, looked exactly alike! Alex had a beautiful face, and eyes she got from her father, green, with her mother's body, and thick jet black hair. That day she had it tamed, and pinned up in a bun. She was a pretty little thing, but didn't pay much attention to the guys, although they flocked to her. She was focused on school, and never got off track. Gabriel had a nice, clean cut look. He was a little cocky, like his daddy, but he was handsome, and he knew it. His hair was cut low, but long enough to have those wave things that are in style now. He dressed nice, as well as his twin, and they were the new "hip" I guess is the word, thing at school.

And let's see, who are we missing? Ah, little Antonio! Tiana's youngest son who was now a sophomore also, was with his cousin, Emily. Antonio Junior, or AJ, was blushing at his girlfriend who was Emily's best friend. Emily scoffed in disgust until her boyfriend walked in, AJ's best friend. It was weird how they worked that out, but him and Emily were closer than siblings. They got into trouble and out of it together. They were sneaky little things, but they were great kids.

Krystal was now in the room with Andrew by herself, and looked nervous. I could tell she liked him, and they had always liked each other since their freshmen year.