Chapter 23: Was It A Mistake?

A/N: Thank you to all of those who commented on the last chapter! Today is halloween so I decided to update! I started a new story called Marked and Mated! It needs reads! Love you guys!

~CasuallyMe

*~! Antonio's POV !~*

It was a Tuesday, and I was sitting in my office at the CIA building, about to pull my hair out. Although we didn't live in New York City, we worked here, so it was an hour and 30 minute drive. Tiana was so busy between modeling, publishing, writing, and raising four children, on top of being married, that I was getting discouraged because we never spent time together.

"Ah, there's my brother," I heard Warren chuckle as he walked through the doors. I stood up, bro-hugging him. He was a pretty tall guy, maybe a couple inches taller than me, and I'm 6'3.

"Hey man! I heard you're gonna pop the question?" I smirked. We had all went out to dinner last week, but him and I didn't have much time to talk.

"Yeah, it'll be about two months away from now until I ask her though. She's been hinting at it, and I wanna settle down. She's the love of my life, and now that we're having a child, it's important for us to become a family. I grew up without a mom, and as you know, it's not fun growing up with one parent," he grimaced.

"Yeah man, I understand. Well, I wish you the best of luck," I shook his hand as he prepared to leave.

"Really sorry I couldn't stay longer, but I've got a meeting in a few. Tiana said she was on her way here. See you later, Tony," he nodded as he left.

I retook my seat at my desk, once again, stressed. What I needed was my wife, and children. They always put me in a good mood, and constantly remind me of how blessed I am. Soon, Tiana will be here, and she'll calm me down. Maybe moving back here was a mistake?

"Hi baby," Tiana grinned as she walked in, purse on her arm. I looked up from the huge stack of papers on my desk, and into her brown orbs. I pouted, standing, and holding my arms out.

"I need a hug," I groaned. She frowned, and stalked toward me in her white and black striped dress with red pumps. She's so gorgeous.

"What's wrong?" She looked up at me as I pulled her closer to my chest, resting my arms around her waist, as hers snaked around my neck.

"It's just that we're so busy now. I mean, we barely have any time to ourselves. We spend time together at work, but never a lot of time. I just miss getting to spend all day with you. Maybe moving was a bad idea," I raised my eyebrow.

"It definitely was not. I mean, we see my dad and mom everyday, the kids have a better school, your mom and mine take turns watching the twins, and both of us are CIA execs. We needed a change in scenery, it was our time to leave. But now, with everyone here, it's just like Italy, but better. I promise, I'll cut back on my hours and spend more time with you. Just please, don't give up," she pleaded, shaking her head, and nuzzling into my chest.

"Babe, I'll never give up! We both are guilty of over working," I replied. Tiana agreed, holding my hand in hers.

"You know I still love you, right?" She smiled.

"Of course I do. Ti amerò per sempre e sempre," I grinned and kissed her lips deeply. I grunted as she ran her hands through my hair. It had been two weeks since we actually fooled around. Neither of us have spent a lot of time together, which we're working on, but when we do, it's great.

I leaned against my desk, pulling Tiana between my legs. I was enjoying this as much as she was, and it was obvious, considering the tent that formed.

"Ant," she tore away and panted. I pulled her closer, pressing my erection against her core. "Antonio," she whined. I groaned, releasing her sweet lips and her waist.

"I miss you," I said and dropped my head, rubbing my neck.

"I miss you too, more than you'll ever know," was her simple reply as she continued to work and ignore me.

"Will you go on a date with me?" I asked with a smirk. In our relationship, we've been on two real dates due to all the craziness.

"I don't know... What does this date include?" She challenged with her signature eyebrow lift.

"A walk through Central Park to see the Christmas lights, hot chocolate, a nice candlelit dinner, and after," I paused, kissing her neck, nibbling on it. "I could bring you back to my place," I kissed her again. She laughed, throwing her head back.

"Your place and my place are the same thing!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Will you come?" I inquired again.

"Promise we can do all of that?" She questioned.

"I promise! Especially the part about coming back to my house," I chuckled.

"In that case, I do accept baby," she grinned.

I sat down and got to work on all the different plans, and operations. Tiana was very good at designing plans, but the operations was my part. I chose who went where, and what they would do.

"Babe," Tiana called in a whisper from her desk. She had her face scrunched up, on the phone.

"What's up?" I stood behind her, looking over her plans. This one was even better than the rest! We were working on catching a drug lord in the Bronx. He was transporting drug paraphernalia over the border. She hung up the phone before swiveling her chair around and facing me.

"They caught him," she smiled. "And they give all the credit to you and I. So, all the more reason to celebrate," she stood up, and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"That's good baby!" I grinned and kissed her lips. It almost got a little heated before she pulled away, and I ran my hands through my hair yet again.

"Ant, you know we can't," she breathed, looking at me with disappointment. I was just so frustrated and upset, and she was the only one who could take that away from me.

"I know, I know," I looked away, and returned to my desk. She sighed, sitting down also.

"Way to fuck up, Tony," I whispered to myself.

It was nearing lunch, but I decided to order Chinese and have it delivered. I had way too much to do.

"Babe, are you mad at me?" Tiana asked as she opened her food container. We had pushed two tables together so we could eat and talk with each other. I didn't say anything, I just continued to eat my sweet and sour chicken.

"Antonio Gabriel Marconi," she called again.

"Tiana Alexandria Smithson Marconi," I retorted, looking up at her.

"Ant, don't play any games with me. Just answer my question," she huffed.

"No, I'm not mad at you! I'm mad at the fact we don't have any time to spend together! I'm mad that we haven't had sex in like two weeks, and you won't even let me touch you! And not only that, you ignore me ALL DAY! That's what I'm mad about!" I yelled, causing her to jump. I got up and threw my food away, before slinging my coat on, and leaving the office.

*~! Tiana's POV !~*

I sat there, tears pooling in my eyes. I didn't want any of this to happen. I didn't know whether to go after him, and talk, or to wait until he had calmed down. But one thing was for sure, we were gonna have to cut back on our hours. Not getting home until 7 some nights was tiring, but we were happier here than in Italy, having to constantly deal with Sophia and her foolishness.

"Hey," I heard Lexi's voice as she entered my office. She held her arms out, signaling for me to hug her. I walked to her, tears now slowly sliding down my cheek. She pulled me into her arms, rocking me, and cooing.

"Lexi, I didn't do anything!" I sobbed and the tears came harder.

"I know, baby. It's not your fault," she tightened her grip. I thanked God that I had a friend like her.

"D-do you know where he went?" I asked, slowly tugging away from her embrace.

"He went to Momma K's. I don't think it's a good idea you go find him though," she shook her head. I hung my head low, wiping the tears vigorously. Tony and I hardly ever fight. We never had time to disagree with our lives constantly in danger, but now that we didn't have to be scared, it was tearing our relationship apart. Sometimes, I think that Sofia's threats were the only thing that kept us as close as we were. When you have a common enemy, you stick closer than if you didn't. And now that we don't, we're drifting.

"I- I just don't know what's going on. It's like we're so busy, and we have four children now. He has to realize that things are changing, and we can't be together every second," I shook my head. "I know, I haven't let him touch me because I'm always worried about making a photo shoot, picking the kids up, or maybe even going to bed on time. But, that's still no reason to yell at me like he lost his mind! He's never yelled at me like that," I grimaced.

"He's just stressed out, and now you guys don't spend as much time together. Before you, Antonio was always stressed. You and his children are the only things that keep him intact," she sighed in her English accent. I looked up at her deep blue eyes, and watched as she moved her blonde hair to one side.

"Yeah, you're right. What should I do though? I've already said I was gonna cut back on my hours- both of us! I just don't know what to do anymore..." I trailed.

"We can start by making sure you and him go on a date at least twice a week. Matt, the twins, and I will watch all of the kids, you know we love them! It'll be okay, as long as you both don't give up," she gave me a weak smile.

"You're right... Did he say anything about the date tonight?" I inquired. I was so worried about my husband, yet completely livid for the way he spoke to me.

"Yeah. He still wants to go. He says you guys need to work some things out," Lexi gave me a quick hug before turning to leave.

"Okay. Oh, and Lex?" I called when she opened the door.

"Yep?" She smiled.

"Thanks for being an awesome best friend, slash cousin."

"Hey, that's my job," she giggled and left.

Letting out a deep breath, I took a seat in my office chair. I started drawing up plans, and headed out at around three to pick up Aiden and Krys, then scooping the twins from Momma K's, but Ant was gone. She didn't say where he went, but she told me where to meet him: The place where we had our first date.

"Mommy, where are you going?" Krys asked as she flopped on Lexi's bed as my best friend helped me get ready.

"Me and daddy are going out to eat," I grinned through the mirror.

"Oh, so we get to stay with Uncle Matt?!" She squealed. I nodded as Matt came through the door, picking her up and throwing her in the air.

"Yes! That means you're staying here, and we can play super hero!" He chuckled with a towel tied around his neck, and Aiden following behind him with a cape too.

"Yay!" Krystal giggled, putting on her princess crown. My baby girl took that thing everywhere! "I'm gonna be queen of the super heroes!" Krys laughed and climbed on Matt's back.

"It's a mad house in here," Kendal laughed with Gabe in her arms as she also entered the room, and I pulled on my white pumps, and coat.

"I'm glad the babies are our responsibility, because Matt and Lex will probably end up playing all night," Kylie joked and booty bumped Lexi as she held Alex.

"Well, thank you guys again," I kissed all of their cheeks, and giving Krys and Aiden their goodnight hugs.

I hopped in my BMW, and headed into the city. I had an hour and thirty minutes reserved to myself, strictly for thinking. I hummed along with Imagine Dragons as they lowly played through my speakers. I wondered what Ant was doing, or how I would even approach him.

As I was driving, about ten minutes from the destination, I got a text.

"Change of plans. Meet me in Central Park right at the entrance," it read from my husband. I smiled, thinking of how he remembered the promise he made to me earlier.

I made a U-turn, making my way to the park. I grinned when I saw the whole thing was lit with Christmas lights, and decorations. Christmas is about three weeks away, and I already had my presents. I saw Antonio standing by the entrance as he said, with flowers in his hand. He came to my car, helping me out and handing me the flowers. There were all deep red roses, about two dozen.

"And what exactly am I supposed to do with two dozen roses?!" I giggled.

"Put em in your car for now," he nodded toward my car. I set them down, and closed my door. "I missed you," he frowned and pulled me into the warmest hug ever. He securely held my waist and I hugged his neck. His hot breath was tingling on my neck, and I could see mine in front of me. This was definitely one of the coldest winters in New York.

"I missed you too babe," I sighed. He withdrew and held my face in his hands. I darted my eyes from his eyes to his lips. They were full, and slightly parted. He leaned down, and finally kissed me after the solid silence. I reached for his hair, running my fingers through it. He tore away from my lips, caressing my face.

"I'm so sorry for yelling at you. I was just frustrated and upset, and I just wanted to be with you," he frowned as he took my hand in his, and we walked.

"It hurt my feelings. I understand you were upset, but that hurt me," I grimaced. We stopped for a few minutes to get hot chocolate, and continued on our walk. It was beautiful in the park, gorgeous.

"I waited on you all day. I just wanted to see you, because you and our children are the only things that can calm me down. It was stress, and I let it take the best of me. I was wrong for that, and I truly apologize," he sighed, stopping in front of me, looking into my eyes.

"It's okay, babe," I smiled.

"Do you know how much I love you?" He inquired, cocking his head.

"Enough to marry me, be a great father to our four children, and spend the rest of your life with me?" I guessed with a smile.

"Nope. This is how much I love you," he paused, not finishing his sentence.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That's how much. There aren't any words for it," he pecked my lips.

"I love you too," I replied, kissing his lips, then continuing our walk. "Lexi told me she would watch the kids twice a week, so we can go on dates, and spend time together," I spoke up.

"Really? That'll be great," he chuckled. "How about we go eat something?" He questioned and smirked down at me.

"Hey, whatever you want Mr. Marconi," I smiled.

"Well alright Mrs. Marconi. We'll go eat," he tugged us in the direction of the restaurant we had our first exclusive date in. It was packed in the parking lot, and took us forever to find a space.

"Babe, we don't have to eat here..." I trailed.

"No, babe! I want you to eat here again. I was hoping you would like coming here," he shook his head leaning on his head rest.

"No baby! I do! I just didn't know if the wait would be too long, and I didn't want my big baby to be hungry," I frowned. He looked over at me with a slight grin. "What?" I blushed.

"You've treated me like I'm your big baby since we were four," he chuckled. I playfully hit him in his arm.

"Shut up! You are my big baby," I leaned and he placed a soft slow kiss on my parted lips. I slowly climbed to his side, straddling him.

"I like being your big baby, now," he chuckled through our kiss.

He held my hand protectively as we walked in the restaurant. I was shocked to see that no one was here, and all the lights were out.

I clutched onto my husband's muscular arm in fear.

"What's wrong?" I asked suspiciously. He just shushed me, and I heard a light switch flip on. The whole restaurant lit up with white Christmas lights that spelled my name. A live band started playing All of Me by John Legend, and the piano player began to sing. It was beautiful.

I smiled, tears present, as Antonio wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Surprise," he whispered deeply, laying his head in the crook of my neck, then kissing it. I turned toward him, pulling him in for a dance. He rocked us back and forth to the slow music.

"Thank you so much babe," I sighed, resting my head on his chest.

"You're welcome, baby. I was way out of line earlier. I owed you this," he kissed my forehead.

"You owe me nothing but to love me," I giggled, snuggling into his chest.

We sat and ate as the band still played various slow songs quietly. We caught up, just like friends, argued like siblings, and kissed like a couple. To have a relationship with my best friend is the best decision I've ever made. He told me why he felt so lonely now, and we came to an agreement on work and spending time together, and with the children.

"Thank you so much, Ant," I breathed as we walked in our house around two AM.

"And you are welcome. But you know, we haven't had any Tiana time in a while," he smirked, his green eyes covered in lust.

"We can always fix that," I trailed off, getting lost in his eyes.

A/N: Please comment, vote and follow me! I follow everyone back. Oh, and please continue to follow me on Tumblr! I post interracial couples and Mac Miller of course, lol. It's @-CasuallyMe

Question of the day: Who is your celebrity crush? Mine are Mac Miller and Machine Gun Kelly!

Or: What would be the best costume for Halloween?

Lol, comment with your answer. Best celeb crush/ costume gets a S/O on the next chapter! Love you guys!

~CasuallyMe