Chapter 21: Good To Be Home

A/N: Tiana and Ant's first day back! We have 14 chapters left, so please don't give up! Love you guys! 

~CasuallyMe.

*~! Tiana's POV !~*!

I had the twins settled in the car, and headed over to mom's house. She was off today, so she volunteered to watch the babies for me.

"Good morning, I miss you!" I grinned as she opened the door.

"I miss you too baby!" She squealed and hugged me tight. Her hugs always comfort me, she was simply the best at hugging, except Ant.

"Okay, I have their different bags. They get the same amount of formula, but I separated their feeding times an hour apart so it won't be so hard to keep up. Their clothes and other things are in here. Alex needs that cream before a diaper change, and then-," I tried.

"Honey, I have raised two kids before. I've got it! You go get some work done, and don't stress out too much, okay?" She smiled.

"Yes ma'am. This is the first time I've left my babies. I still have a hard time letting Aiden and Krys go to school," I laughed. "I'll see you at 3:20," I hugged her again.

"Alright sweetie! Tell your dad I said I love him!" She called after I was in my car.

"Haha, okay," I grinned.

I got to the publishing company, and headed inside. I was very excited to see Warren and Vanessa.

"Nessa!" I smiled as I entered.

"Ana!" She walked over and hugged me tight. We rocked for awhile before we both pull away.

"Okay, so we've got your office set up, and ready for whenever. And your coffee and everything is on your desk. Also, they have moved it around so your children can come and play, and you can take care of the twins," she grinned as we stepped on the elevator.

"Thank you, but you realize you're not my assistant anymore! You're my bestfriend, along with Lexi, and you are also VP," I nodded.

"You are correct. I am not your assistant, but he is," she pointed at a younger guy. He looked around my age, and he was handsome.

"Ms. Smithson," he greeted and kissed my hand.

"It's Mrs. Marconi," I smiled and withdrew my hand.

"Oh, my apologies," he smirked.

"It's alright..." I trailed, turning towards Vanessa.

"Really? This is my assistant?!" I whispered with anger.

"So sorry, T. He was the only one left. But he's good at his job, he's just a little... Touchy feely," she frowned. I hugged her once more before slipping away and going to see War as she worked on a deal.

"Who is it?!" He snapped when I knocked, and opened the door walking in.

"Geez, it's just me," I scoffed, coming fully into his large office.

"Oh! Sis!" He smiled and stood to hug me. "I missed you!" He grinned and kissed my cheek before pulling away.

"I know, I missed you and Nessa too," I sighed and flopped in one of his chairs. "So what's up with you?" I asked.

"I'm just frustrated," he nodded. "I'm gonna let you in on a secret, BUT YOU CANNOT TELL VANESSA!" he smirked.

"War, I don't know... She's really close to me," I frowned. I didn't want her to get hurt, and I already made sure he knew if he hurt her, he would have hell to pay from me.

"Not like that T. I'm gonna ask her to marry me," he smiled widely.

"YOU WHAT?!" I screeched.

"I'm gonna propose to her. You know how I love her, and she loves me. I'm ready now," he continued that same smile.

"Well, I am very happy for the both of you. Is that why you're stressed?" I inquired.

"Yes. I need to find the perfect place and time," he grimaced, running his hands through his hair.

"Well, you should do it on New Years!" I nodded to myself.

"That's a great idea! We could through a huge party," he smiled. "So, do you like it? I mean, your house?" He questioned, leaning back in his chair.

"I love it! It's so good to be back home, especially with everyone here now. I would've never thought my life would change this much in just a year and a half," I sighed.

"Well, me either. I'm about to get married," he looked shocked.

"If she says yes," I laughed.

"Oh, yeah..." He trailed.

"But- you know she will. You guys are soul mates," I patted his hand. They really were a great couple.

"Thanks. So where's Tony and my nieces and nephews?" He asked as his eyes lit up.

"Tony is at the precinct, which I should be headed toward in a bit, Aid and Krys are at school, and the twins are with mom," I replied.

"I think it's great that we can call her mom. She's been a real help with Vanessa and the pregnancy and everything," he sighed with a smile.

"Pregnancy?" I furrowed my eye brows.

"Oh God..." He looked down. "Uhm, she was gonna tell you tomorrow, when everyone is supposed to go out," he shook his head.

"She should've told me!" I squealed but quietly.

"I know, just please don't say anything?" He pleaded.

"Ugh, okay War. I'm going to see my dad, then to the precinct. I'll see you later," I smiled hugging my big brother.

I walked into my dad's office, and watched as a big smile etched across his face as he recognized me. My heart melted, he loves his baby girl.

"Baby girl!" He smiled, and wrapped his muscular arms around me. I buried my face in his chest, smiling at the familiar scent.

"Daddy, you don't know how much I missed you," I grinned and kissed his cheek.

"I miss you too sweetheart! Where are my grand kids?" He asked.

"Mom is watching the twins, as you know, and Krys and Aid are are school," I frowned. I was not used to leaving my babies anywhere.

"Oh, well you should bring them by! And my boy," he smiled.

"Yes sir. I will! So, how're you feeling about the wedding?" I inquired with a grin.

"I'm ready! I love her," he shook his head.

"She told me to tell you she loves you before I left," I nodded with a slight giggle. I'm glad Katherine is in our lives, she makes everyone's day better.

"Haha, that's my girl. Are you alright with it?" He asked.

"Of course daddy! I've been waiting for someone like mom, and Katherine came, and changed all of us. She's great," I smiled.

"Good," he kissed my forehead as I stood to leave. "I love you baby girl," he whispered as he hugged me tight.

"I love you too daddy," I kissed his cheek, and slid out of his office.

I sighed as I pulled into the precinct parking lot. Antonio was waiting for me outside, and came to my car.

"Hi honey!" he greeted, smashing his lips against mine. I griped the back of his neck, as I allowed him entrance. He nudged me against my car, groaning as he pulled away.

"Hey babe," I whispered breathlessly as he ran his finger across my bottom lip. "What was that?" I giggled. He blushed deeply, and tugged me inside the building.

"I just kind of missed you," he chuckled. Antonio took my hand in his, introducing me to all of the office workers. This was definitely one of the largest precincts I've ever been in.

The last room I had to see was our personal office. It was enormous, with enough space for all of our children. Antonio smiled as he watched me take a seat in my chair. The office was split in half, and the barrier was the different types of carpet that covered the floor. Mine was more plush, where as his was more shaggy.

"It looks good in here," I laughed and stalked to his desk.

"Thank you love," he pecked my forehead. "Are you okay?" He asked, pulling me closer. I sighed. I was missing my little ones, moment by moment, all four. There's just something about when you become a mother where you cannot stand to be away from them for so long. This was my first day being away from my little babies for more than a half hour. I never left them with anyone except the twins when I cooked dinner sometimes.

As for Aid and Krys, I miss them all the time. Antonio doesn't like me dropping them off at school, because most of the time it ends up in tears, and not from them!

"I'm just... My babies are away for the first time. And you know I always miss Krys and Aiden. I just- I need a hug," I pouted up at my husband. He frowned, tugging me. I buried my face in his rock hard chest as his arms found their way around my waist, and mine around his neck. I nuzzled as he held me tighter, rubbing my back.

"It's okay baby," he cooed. He sat in his chair, pulling me in his lap. "I don't want you to be upset," he looked at me with a stern look. I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder.

There was a knock on the door after about 10 minutes of my husband comforting me. I sluggishly rose, and answered it. My eyes lit up when I saw Lexi. She hugged me, and tugged me outside of the door.

"How's your first day?" She asked with a weak smile.

"It's- it's harder than I expected. But, it is good to be home," I mumbled.

"Well, I did the exact same thing. I tried bringing Christopher to work everyday, and taking him to board meetings and stuff, but it never worked. He always needed more attention than I could give him at work. Don't get me wrong, I love that little boy more than anything, but I still have a job. I dropped him off with Momma K, and he's been fine! It might be hard now, but trust me, when you work hard, and leave early, and you see the smile on your children's face, that'll be the prize. Just try to relax, and focus on work. You still have to protect the country missy," she giggled, and gave my cheek a kiss before returning to the copy room.

She was right. I still have a job: protect this country. I smiled, and came back into Antonio's office. He gave me a small grin, and continued to work. I took a seat at my desk, and began forming invasion plans.

This job was so exciting! The only part I was shaky about was that people's lives are in my hands. If these certain plans aren't successful, that could potentially kill thousands.

"Can you look over these?" I shyly asked Ant. I walked over, trying to pull my dress down.

"Leave it like that. I like it short," he chuckled with a smirk, and I hit his arm playfully. This would be our first time actually working in an office together, and the last thing I wanted to break it in was a sex scene.

"Baby, these are great! The only thing I would suggest is that you put my name on that, so I can take credit," he smiled.

"Your name will be on it when I sign 'Tiana Marconi," I laughed and retook my seat.

"I like hearing you say my name," he flirted.

"Ant, stop creeping, and get to work!" I giggled. "Did you meet Aiden and Krys's teachers?" I inquired.

"Yeah! Krystal's teacher is an older lady, reminds me of my mom. But Aiden's teacher is... A little flirty," he sighed.

There are three things that belong to a black woman that you don't mess with: Her money, her children, and her man.

"What do you mean, 'flirty?'"

"Like she, I don't know babe. I did tell her I am married to the beautiful Tiana Alexandria Smithson Marconi," he pronounced.

"Mhm? Well, I might have to handle some things when I pick them up," I shook my head.

"Damn, I'm glad I got me a strong black girl!" Tony laughed, and placed a kiss on my lips before he went to fill his coffee cup.

A/N: What's y'all think? Like I said, still have 14 chapters left, so please continue to read! Next chapter is Tiana's meeting with the teacher! There's a picture of Alexandria and Gabriel on the side! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE AND FOLLOW ME! Love you guys! 

~CasuallyMe