It happened one night

London, England, January, 2013

In Elijah's house, a few days after
" Here you will be more comfortable my love." - Elijah said as the medics left and he could be with her alone for a little while.

He made her pillow straight so she would be more cimfortable checking on her air supply tube. Everything was fine and yet nothing really was fine at all.

Gently he caressed her face. How will he tell her that he had found her in this state in the future. What if he made things worse? So far, Sophie couldn't pinpoint what exactly happened to her, only that it was dark magic that brought her in this state.

Sophie knocked at the door before entering and walked in followed by Rebekah.

The Original vampire was happy to see his sister, who helped with the efforts to find Elena in 2013.

"So, this is she?"- Rebekah now looked at the woman on the bed wrapped in an enchanted dream.
"Yes, this is Elena.:- Elijah confirmed.

"The whole thing now makes sense"- Rebekah said-"so, what next?"

"I have to return to the lake house. I just hope I can still get in touch with her, to warn her, although I don't know what I am warning her against"- Elijah explained looking at his helpers and then at Elena.

"The magic that Mystic Falls is under doesn't allow me to know more. She wozld be dead if it wasn't for the ring she is wearing."- Sophie said.

"Something wants the Gilbert family dead. She must have known witches, or someone from her family did to protect her, but why not her brother?"- Elijah said.

"I don't know."- Sophie replied-"but, maybe I can read things from her blood"

Elijah now allowed Sophie to take Elena's blood. The witch then left. Rebekah stsyed a little while talking strategies with her brother about another matter, namely, the return of their niece Hope. As she left, Elijah sat down and took his book out he had written while staying at the lake house.

"So, I heard volunteers would read to you. You know about this book- it is called 'Helena'- a victorian girl caught in a mystery of a vampire family. Almost true to life. But, I - want to tell you about our first date. It was extraordinary. And you probably wonder how could that be since we've never really been together. Here, I will read it to you- you wrote it~

"Hi Elijah,
thank you for the bunch of woodland flowers. I know it's not the usual date, but hey what is usual with meeting you-knowing you.So, I would like to take you to my favourite places - if you wish we would meet at the Grill, not much of a place, but my friends and I always hung out there. The food is homemade there and it is really good, especially the apple pie with ice cream. And great Bourbon cocktails -my favourite is Vampire Blues. Yeah, vampires and Mystic Falls go together, if you didn't know this town has many weird legends. It is not called Mystic. Falls for no reason. Oh, after the Grill, we could go to my other favourite place, the Library- not just for the books, which were my whole world when I was young, but there is a big ball room, that once was a small cinema back in the 1920's - and it still works like a cinema and they still have films played there on a big screen. They would put an old black and white movie on. This week it's Frank Capra's 'It happened one night"- you said you liked black and white movies- so I guess, this is perfect for a first date. I wonder what is on in 2013. Anyway, can't wait to hear how you liked our first date? Love, Elena"

"It was a perfect date, my darling."- Elijah said -"and I hope soon we will go on our second date together"-
he kissed her hand-"I will have to go, so I get you out of this condition. I will leave you with Rebekah, she will look after you"- he paused gazing at her dreamily for a moment. Yes, their first date was something out of the ordinary- and it prompted Elijah to look for her more vigorously, to the devestating result finding her comatose, labled as Jane Doe.
"I love you"- he whispered sweetily. He then got up and walked out of the room.
*****

In Mystic Falls, 25th November, St.Katherine's Day, 2011

It snowed that Day. For Elena and Jeremy it was a sad reminder of their parent's deadly accident. Jeremy was in New York, so Elena went to her parent's grave to put the flowers down and pay her respects. Caroline had asked her if she wanted her to accompany her, but she Elena declined. She wanted to be by herself. That was not such a clever idea, as- on her drive back to Withmore, Elena had a life and death experience similar to what her parent's experienced that night. On the road, a woman appeared like out of nowhere, Elena skidded off the road and tumbled with her SUV.

Later in the hospital, Elena had the woman's face and words in her mind torturing her-
"The magic is ours"