A woman in black

Mystic Falls, October 2014

It was nearly a year since Elijah rented the Lake House and got involved in the most unusual story that brought him love and sadness.
He remained with Elena in Mystic Falls, caring for her, nursing her in her comatose state. They were days when he would fall into a daydream- like state picturing them together at the lake house.

"Elijah!"- Elena smiled at him-"want to go for a swim? I will race you."- and they dip into the lake laughing. He catching up with her. And  they hold one another, looking at one another dreamily. Kissing. And then they bask in the warm afternoon sun later, sitting on the little wooden pier. 

"I have waited for you"- Elena said to him- "In my heart I have waited for you. I knew you would come."

"I would wait for you forever, Elena."- he said dearly.

A few days before

"Yes, this is magic. All her other functions are fine"- Sophie said.

"No luck finding Sabrina's Grimoire?"- Elijah asked.

"No"- Sophie replied in a heartbreaking voice.

"What have we missed? If I am the one to break the curse and save her - huh, was I too late?"

"Maybe"- Sophie said-" I am sorry, Elijah"

"Not as much as I am."- Elijah said hanging up the phone.

Elijah opened a book-

"This is by Marcel Proust."- he said to her-" 'In Search of Lost Time'. I don't know if you are going to like it. It is one amazing story. I search for the lost time with you. Here is  something I chose to read out to you  today

"They reminded me that it was my fate to pursue only phantoms, creatures whose reality existed to a great extent in my imagination; for there are people - and this had been my case since youth - for whom all the things that have a fixed value, assessable by others, fortune, success, high positions, do not count; what they must have is phantoms. They sacrifice all the rest, devote all their efforts, make everything else subservient to the pursuit of some phantom. But this soon fades away; then they run after another only to return later on to the first."

He continued reading the book to her.

But what had happened to Elena, how did she end up in the comatose state? The ghost of Adeline had answers. She had all the answers.

Withmore Asylum , 1903. The night Adeline died.

"I am chosen."- the woman  (see picture below- that is Adeline!) shouted strained up in a straight jacket. A woman knelt down to her to her to calm her down-

"Please- you need to rest."- the woman said.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.