Time stand still

October 2011

"Miranda, you are a witch, too."- Adeline said to the ghost.

"I am not."- Miranda said.

"You are. Look deep into your heart. You have always doubted yourself. But now you have to reach inside and find the way of how to move things."- Adeline said-" remember that time when you were making winter preserve- I left you are a sign."

"That was you?"- Miranda said.

"Yes. But, unfortunately, you didn't respond to it."

"I threw it away."- Miranda remembered the pentagram made out of the herbs Adeline left on the kitchen table.

"Because deep down you were denying the truth about yourself"- Adeline said-"Greyson, too"

Miranda nodded tearing up. She flashed back to the conversation she had once about the Gilbert family curse. Greyson reduced it to an old tale. He was a doctor. For him it was a stupid superstition. 

"How do we stop her?"- Miranda now said thinking of the woman in black.

"We have to bind Elena soul to Elijah's. And you know the magic for it."- Adeline said.

Miranda appeared some time later in the lake house with Elena's diary.

*****

Mystic Falls, 2014

Sophie arrived with the answer that Elijah awaited so eagerly. Rebekah stood by her brother listening to what their witch friend had to say.

"Elena Gilbert is the reincarnation of the Black woman. They are the one and the same person."- Sophie said.

"I don't understand"- Elijah said-"none of this makes much sense."

"It's like the good and the evil- the one and the same- and they have cancel each other out - so the balance is restored. Christopher Gilbert tried to do it- turning into a supernatural being, namely the vampire. The only thing is he did the wrong way. Sabrina was all about black magic, and Katherine, yeah, the Woman in black's name was Katherine."

"Hence the killing on St. Katherine's day."- Rebekah concluded.

"Yes"- Sophie said.

"How does Elijah get into the picture?"- Rebekah asked the question.

"It's about kindred souls. You were the only one that could reach Elena."- Sophie continued.

"So, it wasn't really magic - or maybe there was?"- Elijah added.

"There is one thing I have found out. Miranda Gilbert is the illegitimate daughter of my great-aunt."

"Wow. Talk about being connected. Elena is your cousin."- Rebekah said.

"Yeah-"- Sophie said glancing at Elena in her sleeping beauty bed. 

"So, what do we do?"- Elijah asked.

"Right"- Sophie said- "this is where now magic comes to play."

"I am ready - whatever it is."

"You have to take her to the  lake house"-Sophie said- "there I will have to connect you again."

 And there was no time to wait. Elijah picked Elena gently up from her bed, carrying her to the car and soon the four of them drove to the infamous lake house. 

There, Sophie could feel the dark magic enveloping the place. The forces of evil were not letting it easy for her to brush through it, but Sophie now had a little help from the other side. The talisman she wore allowed her to see Miranda standing on the border of the pathway to the house.