Can't seem to make you mine

Withmore hospital, 2011
Days after Elena's accident

Elena was pensive looking out of the window. She could not erase the image of the woman that appeared on front of her trying desperately to pinpoint where she had seen her before.

Jeremy's voice as he entered the room made her snap out of it-
"Hey"- she said with a smile and now swayed all her attention to him.

"The nurse told me you will be released tomorrow-" Jeremy was pleased.

"Aha- the CT scan revealed nothing- I am in the clear- it was just a mild concussion" Elena said-" I think I will actually leave today"

"Elena, you didn't recognize me. This was not a mild concussion. You need to rest"- Jeremy tried to reason with her.

" I can rest at home"- Elena said packing her belongings in a bag.

"But you will not rest- I know you- you will go to on this stupid quest trying to find nothing- this was just a crazy accident- there is no strange woman and no magic!"

"There is. Remember my diary! Remember the lake house! Albert's diary!"- Elena shot back at him.

"You can't be talked to"- Jeremy said raising his hands in disbelief and then walked out of the room.
There was nothing she could do to persuade him to see that there was more to her accident, to all that enveloped their family. She had to let go and at that moment she did. Maybe Jeremy was right. All of it could just be her imagination. She now went to get dressed.
****

Withmore, 2014
Months after they had found Elena in London

Rebekah walked in the archives of the college now compelling the man to take her to the secret depot.
"Here are diaries of Adeline Townsand"-the man said-'you can have them"

"That wasn't so hard, was it?!"- Rebekah remarked snarkily now compelling the man to forget everything.

As she got out of the Archives, she let Elijah know she had found the diaries.

"Read them all. If it is true, there are hidden clues in her diaries"- Elijah said.

"How is her condition?"- Rebekah asked about Elena.

"Remains the same"- Elijah said-"how long will you be? I want to go to the Lake House later and see if there is a letter- if she had responded."

"An hour tops"- Rebekah said.

"Good"- Elijah hung up. He cursed himself silently for having left the Lake house after they had their unusual date. Since then he wasn't able to establish contact with her anymore. He so wanted to warn her. Tell her that the future would find her in a comatose state, far away from home.
He sat down on the chair by her bed and read to her as he had been doing ever since she had found her.

"Everything is such a great puzzle. I just hope bringing you back here was not a mistake"

"But then again- maybe it is."- Rebekah said as she entered the room.

"What? Have you found out something?"- Elijah said.

"Here. Read-"- Rebekah gave her brother one of the diaries by Adeline.

Elijah took it and read through it- being a vampire, the reading speed is the same as the speed of moving. As he found the part that Rebekah had read earlier - and understandably referred to- he looked at his sister stunned-

"This cannot be!"

"Oh, I believe it can."- Rebekah said.

"Sabrina?! But why?"