Chapter 5

Just wanna make a correction :

The twins ( Kade and Khady ) are 12 . I just did the math and realized .

* Kyler *

She opened the door and I followed her in . There was a curtain covering the person and she slid it open .

I looked upon the face I never wanted to see again . I gasped and rushed back to the door .

" Wait ! Miss Kyler !! " She chased after me .

I stopped next to the wall for support . There were so many questions and thoughts rambling through my head .

" Kyler . It's okay . Just take my hand " She said .

" I can't . I don't want to see him ! " I said backing away from her .

" Kyler , just talk to him . That's all . He's in a hospital bed it's not like he can keep you here . Just hear him out " She said .

" Who the fuck are you ? And how does he even know I'm here ? I said no , I don't want to see him EVER ! " I said then walked away .

I had absolutely had no interest in even breathing the same air he was breathing . It disgusted me to even be in the same state he's in . It made me sick .

Once I made my way back to everyone else , the doctor was already talking to them so I joined them .

" Where were you ? " Kyla whispered .

" Restroom " I said and paid attention but by now he was done talking again .

" What happened ? " I asked Yana .

" He said we can come to the room in 5 minutes " Bryston answered for me .

" But only 3 people at a time " He said .

" Alright " I said and sat down between my sister and my daughter .

" I called Kam and King " Keyana said .

" What'd they say ? " I asked .

" They're gonna come visit soon " Kam and King both live in Atlanta , which isn't too far from us in Florida .

" Alright "

" Mom , my hair's frizzing up " Khady said rolling her eyes . She has hair like mine , very long and curly .

" Okay , what do you want me to do about it ? " I said running my fingers through her knotty hair .

" Ow " She said holding her scalp .

" Sorry "

" Anyways , is my nephew okay ? " She asked Keyana .

At first I was confused because sometimes I be forgetting Keyana and the twins are siblings . But Khady is so proud of being an aunt and always reminding me .

" Why don't you go see what your older brother's doing ? " I said putting emphasis on older cause she hates that they're only 5 minutes apart .

" Only by 5 minutes . I act older than him anyway " She rolled her eyes and walked off to find her brother .

" Yes mom " Kade said walking over .

My baby was growing so old . You could hear the little baritone in his voice growing .

" Are you okay baby " I said pinching his cheek .

" Stop mom I'm not a baby " He said removing my hand .

" Mom come on it's been 5 minutes " Yana said .

" Watch the kids for me " I said and Kyla nodded .