Two

How could he have ever let her see him? Now she was probably laughing at him, mocking him. He rested his head in his hands, clenching his teeth together.

This wasn't supposed to happen, and I messed everyhting up. If only I wasn't so pathetic.

Granger would tell everybody and the whole school would know how weak he really was. And he wasn't going to let that happen.
Jumping up from his seat, he pushed open the doors from his common room, robes swishing in the breeze as he headed towards his class.

*

Groaning in frustration, Hermione tried to wipe away the ink that she had gotten all over her notes. It only got worse.
She sighed, and closed her book. Promising herself to rewrite it later that evening, she straightened her robes and packed up to leave. After all, she was the last one in the room.

"Granger."

The cold, emotionless voice made a shiver creep up her spine. She wasn't alone after all.
She tried to stay calm, and not ask any questions, it could lead to worse things and she didn't know what he was capable of doing.

She tried to stop herself from trembling, but failed. She was too scared of him, he had grown so dark over the years and she didn't know what he was planning on doing.

"S-Stay away, M-Malfoy," she held her wand out but her hand was shaking.

He raised his hands in defence but it was too late.

"FLIPENDO!"

With a loud bang, the spell knocked him over and he flew back, slamming into the classroom wall.

Hermione darted away as quick as she could, hoping he wouldn't be fast enough to catch her.

When she entered her room she let out the breath she had been holding. What did he want with her?

*

He felt like he was being punched in the chest, but got up before anyone else came into the room. He got up and brushed his cloak down. That filthy little...
He stopped himself before he could say anything worse.

She blasted him! And he didn't do anything about it. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed.
She was scared of him, it was obvious by how she trembled at his words.

I'm a monster, of course she would be scared of me. Who wouldn't?

He clasped his hand and dug his nails into the patterned mark that was inked onto it. It was all his fault. Why did he let himself be taken to his side? He wished the mark would disappear, but it was etched into his skin forever, to symbolize the monster he was and to remind him of his weakness.

"Malfoy."

He saw Professor McGonagall stand in the doorway and he left the room briskly.

After he was out of her sight, instead of going to the dungeons, he made his way along the passages of the school as the night engulfed him, hiding him and his secrets.

***

Hey! This is my first fan fiction, so please don't hate! Also, today my friends said Dramione is unrealistic, and I almost stabbed them. Almost.

Marie.