Fourteen

Hermione pushed him away, and felt all eyes on them.
She heard whispers and knew that as soon as the Christmas break was over, the whole school would know.

"Draco..."

She noticed everyone giving them judgemental stares, followed by dissapointed looks. If only she knew that this was how people would react to them.

*

"Hermione, I shouldn't have..."

His voice trailed away, as he spotted the look on her face.

She never wanted anyone to know.

He cursed himself for being so ignorant. They should have agreed on it first.
He heard whispers around him and felt hatred and guilt build up inside him. He had just ruined her reputation, now everyone knew she was with someone like him and they would hate her for it.

Hermione grabbed her books, mumbling nervously as started to walk away, avoiding everyone.

She was so innocent, and now everyone hates her because of you.

Draco's face fell when he realised what he had just done. He had humiliated her.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING!"

A shriek echoed through the hall.
His eyes and everyone elses shot towards the Slytherin table, where he saw Pansy, fuming with rage.

*

Hermione turned around, and caught sight of the Slytherin girl striding towards her. She clasped her books even tighter to her chest, Pansy's voice was shrill and loud, and sent shivers down her spine.

Hermione didn't know what to say, she stood hammered into the ground. Her enemy was now only a few meters away.

"Who do you think you are, going around and stealing MY boyfriend!?"

She hissed, pulling out her wand and pointing it at her.

"Expelliarmus!"

Before she could do anything, it was knocked out of her hands.

Hermione looked over at Proffesor McGonagall, who had now risen from her chair and shouted the disarming spell. She had a concerned look on her face, and was making her way over to the scene.

That didn't stop Pansy. Realizing she didn't have her wand, she charged at Hermione instead, knocking her to the ground and flailing her arms. She managed to scratch her a few times before they were ripped apart.

Students had gathered around them but Professor McGonagall wasn't having any of this.

"That's enough, Parkinson! I will not tolerate this behaviour in my school. I will see you in my office NOW!"

She said sternly, dragging her away by her cloak. Hermione was still sprawled on the ground, trying to collect her thoughts from what just happened. Draco rushed to her side.
He helped her up, holding her close to him as everybody watched.
They left the Great Hall, leaving everyone gawking behind.

"Are you alright?"

He asked as soon as they turned the corner, steadying her and brushing her robes off.

"I'm fine, just a little surprised."

She answered, smiling at the worry evident in his voice. He sighed in relief.

"I really shouldn't have done that."

He admitted softly, unable to look her in the eyes. Hermione soon realised he was talking about the kiss.

"No, it's okay. I'm glad they know."

Hermione smiled, and he glanced at her, unsure. She cupped his cheek and he mirrored her expression, making butterflies errupt in the pit of her stomach.

He really should smile more often.