Seven

He tried to loosen her grip, but when she refused to let go, he ripped her hands off of him. He sprung up and faced her, demanding to know who she was.

"You..."

Hermione's voice drifted off as she saw him stand infront of her. He was panting, and trying to catch his breath.
Draco Malfoy.
Had just tried to jump off the Astronomy Tower and end his life.
Hermione felt an immense pain in her chest.

"Y-you want t-to end your life? Draco, why?"
She stammered and tried to find reason in his eyes. He flinched as she spoke his name.

"There's no point of living anymore. No one will ever forgive me, and if I'm gone, it would do everyone good, and people won't even notice..."
His voice broke at the last words, and so did her heart. She stepped forwards, gently placing her hands on either side of his face.

"I will notice."

She saw the torn look in his eyes and she wiped his tears away with her thumb.

She couldn't let him feel like this, alone. Pulling herself upwards, her lips met his.
She kissed him with all her passion, all her emotion. She did it to let him know somebody cared.

To her surprise, he kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground.
He never had felt like this before.
They both felt warmth across their cheeks and face, and sparks flew throughout their bodies.

They never wanted to stop, but eventually they had to breathe.
Gasping for air, they pulled back, still in a dazed state.

"Thank you. For that."
Draco sighed softly, pain still coursing through him.

"I'm here for you."
She smiled, looking deeply into his eyes.

His heart stung at how innocent she was. He couldn't let himself ruin that.

"You don't know who I am. I - I'm a monster!"

"I trust you."

He pushed himself off of her and left the tower, dazed.
She couldn't trust him. He wouldn't allow her to make that mistake.

+++

Hey!
This was a short one, but I hope you liked it anyway.
Do you think he'll stop pushing her away? Let me know. ;)

Rosie.