Twenty One

"Hermione, you've got to tell me what is wrong."

Ginny whispers sympathetically, as she spots Hermione curled up in the couch of the common room, fiddling with a strand of her hair.

Should she tell her?

Hermione ponders. Ginny is her best female friend, and she will find out eventually anyway. Plus, she thought it would be better if she spilled her feelings to somebody.

"Fine, but you can't speak a word to anybody."

She finally answers with a hushed voice, and Ginny squeals eagerly, before jumping beside her on the sofa. Her eyes are glinting with curiosity, and Hermione can't help but roll her eyes at her friend.

"Tell me everything."

So Hermione does.

"Remember when I told you about Draco a week before the Christams holidays?"

Ginny nodded, after thinking back to that moment.

"Well, Professor McGonagall forbade us to be together, but we have been writing letters to each other and meeting in private ever since."

Ginny squealed again and Hermione felt embarrased. The rest of the evening they spent re reading all the letters, and talking about him even more.

"I think I love him, Gin."

Ginny went quiet, and watched her solemnly.

"You think, or you know?"

"I know."

Ginny sighed, and nodded.

"Well, you can't stop your feelings. You have to tell him."

"But how?"

Hermione whined helplessly, but stopped once she noticed a mischievous smile grow on Ginny's lips.

"Write him a letter."

-

While Hermione got out her parchment, Ginny fangirled about it. She thought it was so romantic, and Hermione just laughed at her.

They sat down next to each other by the desk, and Ginny watched as Hermione wrote it. It took a couple of tries, but eventually the final product was infront of her. Ginny clapped her hands appreciatively.

Voices interrupted their letter-writing, and they looked at eachother questioningly. The sounds seemed to be coming from the entrance of the common room, and as they listened closer, they could hear the shrieks of the Fat Lady.
Hurriedly, they swung open the door, only to find an envelope infront of them.

"Why were you shrieking?"

Hermione asked the Fat Lady carefully. The woman in the painting appeared, shivering.

"Oh, it was a hooded figure. Came out of nowhere! It did drop something, but it was awfully rude."

Hermione rolled her eyes, the woman would often be scared for no reason. Cloaks were quite common, so she wasn't alarmed at all.

She inspected the envelope, and when she flipped it over, she blushed an adorable shade of pink, since she recognized it all too well.

She burst back into the room, to find Ginny looking up at her with a questioning glance.

"It's from him!"

Ginny grinned, this would be the first letter she would see that Hermione hadn't opened yet.

She ripped it open, and Hermione complained.

"Ginny, you'll rip the parchment!"

She grabbed it out of her hands, and opened it herself, carefully.

Her eyes skimmed it, smiling cheerfully, but soon turned into a frown. She wanted to stop but she had to read it until the end. She had to know if it was true.
Tears welled up in her eyes when she finished it, and she read it over and over again.

Ginny stared at her.

"Mione, what's wrong? What is it?"

She grabbed it out of her hands, and Hermione broke into sobs. She loved him, but he didn't. He didn't.

Ginny's face turned red with anger as her eyes travelled down the page. She couldn't believe that slimy git had the guts to write such a heartless words.

Hermione stood up, crying, ran towards the desk where she had written her letter, and crumpled it up. No one could know she loved him, no one!
She threw it with all her might, and it fell in a dark corner, bouncing until it came to a halt.

Ginny put her arms round Hermione, and let her to her room, where she tried to calm her down.

+++

Hey!
Hope you're enjoying the story so far.
Are you thinking: Pansy forged the letter, omg i hate her. Because that is certainly what's on my mind.

Rosie.