Ten

Hermione froze at first, unable to breathe.

"Ron..."

He was standing in the doorway, fuming. She had never seen him so angry before. Clenching his fists, he ran up to Hermione and pulled her back from Malfoy.

"I came looking for you, because you never came to the dormitories, but this!?"

He stared at her, shaking her by her robes.

"And for you, Malfoy, you're going to regret this."

Ron let Hermione go and took a step towards Draco's bed. He was about to throw a punch when she spoke up.

"No! Ron, it's hardly fair. He's weak and can't fight back."

Ron shot her a look.

"Oh, so now you're talking. When your boyfriend is in danger," he spat, turning to Hermione.

"He's not my boyf... why do you even care? We're not together anymore! You're my friend... don't do this," she pleaded, but Ron had had enough.

"If you side with that slimy git, I don't want anything to do with you!"

Ron made his way to the door, angrily. He lingered there for a moment.

"If you leave with me now, I can still forgive you," he breathed, reaching his hand out to her.

"Ron, please, don't make me choose!"

He stood there, and when he saw Hermione taking a step towards Draco, he looked like he was about to burst with anger.
Instead, he contained himself and stormed off.

"We never needed you anyway," he said before leaving.

When they were alone, Hermione went over to Draco and sat on the ground beside his bed, resting her head on the edge of it. She cried quietly, her shoulders shaking softly.
Draco lifted her chin up so that he was looking into her glassy brown eyes. He wiped her tears and whispered to her that it was all going to be okay.
She gave him a small smile and slowly drifted off to sleep next to him.

*

Draco smiled as Hermione snored lightly next to him. He stroked her tear stained cheeks with his hand, and he didn't understand how Weasley could do something like this. To something so innocent, so beautiful.
His heart ached thinking about her pain. He turned around, reaching for a blanket from another bed and he swung it over her shoulders.
He bit his lip to stop himself from screaming in pain as he moved.

She is worth the pain.

He laid his head back into the pillow and his dreams consumed him.

*

Madam Pomfrey entered the room to find two students peacefully sleeping next to each other. She smiled to herself. Deciding not to wake them, she made her way to the medicine cupboard and took out some bandages.
She cast silent spells onto Draco, and his wounds healed until they were almost gone. The rest she bandaged up. He awoke from the pain, and Hermione woke up from his cries.
She immediately squeezed his hand and soothed him.
When Madam Pomfrey was done, she told him he was allowed to leave if he felt well enough, but he wasn't allowed to play quidditch or any other activities for a week. She then left the two alone, and went to tend someone else.

Hermione smiled at him as she fixed his tie. She smoothed out his robes and he felt shivers throughout his body at her touch. Draco ran his hand through his hair, taming it.
He then lifted her chin up and pecked her lips softly.

"Thank you. For staying with me."

He whispered, and she blushed, looking away.

+++

Hi!

The photo in the beginning is not mine, but it was simply too cute!
If it belongs to you, let me know.

Bye, Rosie.