Chapter 11

Short and slutty.

      If I had to describe Scarlett's current outfit of choice, it would be those two words. She was barely wearing anything. The thin material she called a 'dress' criss-crossed at the front, showing off her stomach, sides, and most of her cleavage. And if that isn't bad enough, she decided to hike up her skirt to mid-thigh, making her long legs even more prominent.

      "So, how do I look?" She lifted up her arms and spun around. The back was completely non-existent, save for the tiny bit of clothing that covered up her bra. If she wanted attention from guys tonight, she succeeded.

      "Like a slut."

      "Perfect." She grinned, and moved towards me. "Now let's get you ready."

      I stared at her, and then glanced at my outfit. "I've been ready."

      "You're joking, right?"

       "No, what's so bad about my outfit? It's cute." And more important, comfortable. Plus it covers up eighty percent of my skin, something Scarlett's outfit lacked.

      "What's wrong with it?" She tilted her head, and glanced at me. "For one thing, you're not showing off enough skin. The skirt is way too long."

      "The skirt doesn't even pass my knees, Scar." I let out a sigh. Sometimes I wonder if she knew what the definition of long really is. Because apparently, according to Scarlett anything past mid-thigh is long.

      "It's still long," she said, her gaze shifting towards my shirt. "And that white blouse makes your chest look flat."

      I looked down at my chest and shrugged. "It's not like I have much of a chest to begin with anyways."

      "Exactly why we need to enhance it more. And that blouse is not helping."

       I rolled my eyes. "Does it really matter?" Like having big boobs meant anything. "I'm only going to this party because you're making me. Otherwise I would be watching movies on netflix right now."

      "Forget about netflix, Aubrey. We have to make you beyond hot for this party."

       "Again, why?" I lifted my brow at her. "It's not like I'm trying to impress anyone." If anything, I was trying to be invisible. I didn't want to be noticed. I just wanted to go in and go out. Nothing more, and nothing less.

       "And you're not going to if you walk out like that."

      "Geez. Way to make a girl feel special, Scar." Leave it to Scarlett to be completely blunt about . . . well everything. Although, sometimes she can be a bit too honest.

      "Come on." She tugged on my arm. "At least switch the top."

      "No."

      "Please?"

      I shook my head. "No."

      "Please?" she asked, this time rounding her eyes.

      "No, Scarlett."

      "Fine." She huffed causing some of her bangs to fall out of place. "We'll compromise. Pull up the skirt."

      "To where? It's already an inch above my knees."

       "Like this," she said, as she hooked her fingers into the waistband of my skirt. She pulled the skirt up, and folded the material at the top so it didn't reach past my hip bone. "There." She stepped back, and admired her work. "Now it's perfect."