Chapter 13

Chocolate.

           His eyes were like chocolate with deep swirls of golden honey. A shiver raced down my spine when his alluring eyes stared at me intensity. His eyes flickered close for a second, and then he opened them, glancing at me once more. A mixture of colors intertwined with one another as an array of shades gazed at me in wonder.

          I was mesmerized, and I didn't know why. It was like a switch in my brain was suddenly turned on. All of a sudden, he looked so vulnerable—so conflicted, like he didn't know what to do.

          Even if I wanted to look away, I couldn't. My body was stuck, frozen in place.

         It wasn't until he closed his eyes again that I was able to move. With a slight curve to his lips, he leaned in close to me—so close that I could smell his breath.

       "When you think the same way, I'll translate what I'd said in English."

      "What are you—"

      My sentence was never finished. I turned around to see the door wide opened with Aaiden standing in the doorframe. His cheeks glowed red, while his eyes held a sunken look. He stumbled into the room, waving the empty bottle in his hand. He didn't get very far when his body fell forward, crashing onto the bed, the bottle falling. 

         I moved towards him, and brushed his hair out of his eyes.

        "Aaiden, what the fuck? How much did you have to drink?"

         He let out a laugh. "A bit." A fit of giggles escaped his mouth when he rolled over.

         My face heated up when his lips touched my bare thigh.

        "Aaiden." I grabbed his shoulders and moved him into a sitting position. "You need to go back to your room and sleep. You're drunk."

         "I—" He paused, shaking his head. "Can't."

          "Why not?" I asked.

          His words slurred together as he replied back. It wasn't until he repeated his sentence a third time that I finally heard him say, "come with me. My never have I ever."

        "Don't tell me, you got drunk because of that?"

          He smiled widely but nodded.

          "You're pretty." He shifted closer towards me and touched a piece of my hair. "And you smell nice."

          "You're drunk." I ignored his statement, and pulled the string of hair out of his fingers. "You need to—"

          The door slammed shut.

          I looked up, and noticed the spot where Kai once laid was empty. I barely had time to process this when Aaiden suddenly rested his forehead on my shoulder.

          "You're really warm." His arm snaked its way around my waist, and pulled my body flushed against him.

          "Did I mention, you're really cute?" he asked, causing me to pause in my struggle. No matter how much I wanted to deny it...being this close to Aaiden wasn't that bad. It wasn't like I hated the guy—in fact the opposite, but I knew his actions weren't real. It was just the alcohol's doing.

          I leaned away from him, and removed his arm around my waist. "Aaiden, you need to listen to me. Do not go anywhere. I'm going to get Dennis and we're going to help you find your room—"