Chapter 17

He stared back.

        "Um...so is that a no?"

         I blinked. I suddenly felt awkward looking into his eyes. Being this close to him, I could actually see the hint of gold surrounding the rim of his irises—his natural color a deep cinnamon. I dipped my head down, and tried to hide the fact that my cheeks were burning like crazy. Even though I couldn't meet his eyes, I knew for a fact they were still rested on me. When I finally got enough courage to look up, he had a blush of his own.

        I gulped. "Do you really want me to teach you how to kiss?"

         He nodded. "Scarlett said you're very knowledgeable with this kind of stuff." My brows furrowed. Knowledgeable? What the hell did she tell him? "So, ah..." He glanced down at his fingers, and picked at them. "I was kind of hoping you could give me some advice, and help me beforehand so I don't make a fool out of myself this weekend in front of Areum."

        "Just advice?" I asked just in time as he looked back up. And here I thought he meant something else...

       "Yeah, you know pointers," he explained, lifting his hands as he talked. "I don't exactly know how this kissing thing works. For example, where am I supposed to put my teeth?"

         I laughed. "You seriously don't know?"

         He shook his head. "I don't even know the first thing about kissing," he confessed softly. "Now, do you see why I need help?"

         "Don't worry, by the time I'm done with you, you'll be a kissing pro." I put on a fake smile, and opened the door wider. It was then that I realized that all I'd given him was fake smiles, but I couldn't help it. It was the best I could give him under these circumstances. Hopefully my facade doesn't crumble the longer I spend time with him. "Just wait here, okay?"

          He strode forward, and smiled—his cheeks less red. "Okay."

"Scarlett."

          "Mmh?" She craned her neck around and battled her eyelashes as she smiled. I rolled my eyes. Was she trying to be innocent? Because it was not working.

           "Don't mmh me. What did you tell Aaiden?"

           She let out a sigh, and pushed her hair back. "I didn't tell him anything. He brought it up, and I merely suggested the fact that he should ask you for help."

           "By telling him, "I'm very knowledgeable with this kind of stuff"?"

           "Well, you are." She hopped off her bed, and walked towards me, only stopping when she was a couple feet away from me. "Didn't you have a serious boyfriend in high school?"

           My jaw clenched shut. Fucking it. "I wouldn't count it as a relationship."

           "Either way," she said with a shrug, "you kissed him didn't you?"

           "Unfortunately." Fury blinded my eyes, just thinking about it. It was my worse fucking mistake ever.

              "And you did some other stuff too, right?"

               I closed my eyes, and sucked in a deep breath. Why is she bringing that up now? "Scarlett. Please just get to the point already."

              She pursed her lips together, and leaned her body forward, her hands on her hips. "My point is, Aaiden needed help, and you're the only person that can help him."