CHAPTER #7

It was May and the air full of summer promises. Lilly and Serena were at the Cafe D'Alsace restaurant and ran into Petra Ecclestone. Petra was just in Soho and was stopping to have lunch. Lilly invited her to join them. Serena asked Petra if she was still putting on the Amber Fashion Show in Monaco this year, before the Formula 1 race. Petra said that she was and invited them to her show. They accepted and Lilly placed a call to her good friend the Prince of Monaco II. Lilly ended up leaving shortly after, but Serena and Petra stayed to talk about fashion and men. Petra mentioned that she knows Carter and said that he would be in Monaco the weekend of the F1 race.

Lilly during her conversation with the Prince found out he was looking for some specific art and she said she knew a gallery owner who might be able to suggest an artist. Lilly, Rufus, Eric and Serena leave early for Monaco. Serena invited Blair to join them. Jenny was super excited, she had never been to Monaco. She had heard and read about the Amber fashion show. She knew it was to raise money for the Elton John AIDS foundation. The last few hours of school on Thursday just draged by. Jenny was catching a flight as soon as school was done. She also got permission to have Friday off (thanks to Lilly) as long as she wrote an essay on her experience in Monaco. Dan declined the invitation due to a paper he had to write for college that was due on the Monday. Eric declined as he was spending the weekend with his boyfriend. Jenny had to fly by herself, which she also had never done before. Due to traffic Jenny ened up getting to the airport and her departure terminal after the gate closed.  She had to decide if she will come back in the afternoon the next day for the flight or take an economy flight in the evening and just stay at the airport. Then she saw the message from Gossip Girl.

GOSSIP GIRL: Spotted little J left behind at the airport. Not going to Monaco with Serena after all?

Jenny was angry and looked around trying to find out who had taken her picture. She was standing with her luggage in the middle of no where. She was about to go and get her flight changed to the economy class so she could fly out in the evening, when she got a text message. It was from Chuck. He was going to Monaco to join Blair and his private jet was set to leave in about 30 minutes. He told her to get her ticket refunded and then ask for the Bass jet. She was relieved and did what he'd said. The lady at the counter was suddenly super nice and helped her to the gate.  As Jenny approached the jet, some of the ground crew took her luggage, except her carry on and helped get her on board.

Jenny saw Chuck sitting on a couch, "thank you so much for this Chuck. They refused to let me on the flight and I would have had to wait until 7pm to get a flight out."

"No problem. I am guessing you are going to network for our fashion designs while there?" Chuck inquired.

"Oh yes, I can't wait to talk to Petra. She has a successful mens line and she is only 22! I didn't know you were going though."

"It's a surprise for Blair and Serena." Chuck took a sip of his rum and coke.

"A surprise for Serena?" Jenny asked settling on to a couch across from him.

Right at that moment, Nate emerged from the washroom. Even without Chuck's explanation, Jenny understood. "I asked Nate along too."

Nate saw her, "hi Jenny."

"Hi Nate." He sat down beside her and passed her a drink ,as he accepted his from the stewardess.

The plane's engines started up and Jenny was surprised. Chuck and Nate look at each other and then Chuck asked, "is this your first time flying?"

Jenny looked at him nervously, "um... yes."

Chuck laughed, telling her to relax. "Just don't be puking on my couch, make sure you get the bag ready."