CHAPTER #31

While at the vineyard Nate, Chuck and Jenny participated in both white and red wine tastings. Jenny didn't like the really sweet wines, but not the super dry ones either. She also found she preferred red over white wine. The merlot became her choice for meals. The three of them also joined in a traditional grape stomp. First they got a pedicure and their feet were washed. Then the huge wine barrel had tones of grapes put into it. They were carried to the barrel as to not dirty their feet. Once in they stomped on the grapes. It was super fun. Even Chuck joined in for a little bit. The grapes were very slippery and it felt weird mashing the purply black globes.

"This gently breaks the grapes open, allowing the juices to flow and not tearing the grape skins. When making red wine we ferment the juice with the grape skins and red or black grapes are used. White wine is occasionally made from red grapes, but normally white. White wine just ferments the juice, the skin is completely removed. Today we are making a rose or in America you call it a white zinfadel. Red grapes are used and the juice is allowed to stay in contact with the skins just long enough to pick up the pink color. You can also make it by blending red and white wines," Mario explained.  As they stomped, he continued to explain the process. Jenny fell, but Mario was there to steady her so she didn't end up sitting in the mess.

Nate felt that Mario's hands lingered on Jenny's waist a little too long. 'Maybe it's because of all of Serena's betrayal with liking me and then Dan at the same time. Maybe that's why I am so jealous,' Nate thought to himself. 'Jenny has never betrayed me directly, but she has done things that showed me qualities that I hated in Serena, Blair, Vanessa and Juliet.' Nate's mind wouldn't shut up. It was as busy as his churning of the grapes. He hadn't noticed he was stomping them really hard, until he stomped on Jenny's foot.

"Owe! Nate my foot is not a bunch of grapes!" Jenny cried out. "

"Sorry, here let me help you get out of the barrel," Nate said, before Mario could offer assistance.

Mario said something to a lady in rapid Italian. She hurried off and returned with a towel and a bag of ice. Nate held Jenny while both their legs and feet were hosed down. He set her gently down on a chair. He checked her foot to make sure he hadn't broken any bones.

"Nothing broken thankfully, you're just going to have a bad bruise Jenny. I'm so sorry."

"Worry not Jenny, we can pamper you by the pool," Mario said.

"Oh that's okay. I just don't think I can go to Blake's concert. Not on a sore foot. Sorry Chuck."

"I can transfer the tickets to a different venue. I think he has a stop in Tokyo. We should arrive there for that concert," Chuck replied.

"Tokyo? Really?"

"You'll love it there. It's rich with culture and the latest trends," Nate said.

"Oh I know..." Jenny went on to tell Nate about a fashion show she'd seen pictures of, from Tokyo.

Chuck was flirting with the girls who were still in the barrel stomping grapes. Mario was called away to handle business. Nate picked Jenny up and carried her to the pool area.

"Could you grab my sketch pad and pencils? They are in the carry-on bag."

Once Nate had delivered the desired items, he went to his room to change. While Jenny sketched, he swam laps in the pool. After a number of laps, he got out and sat in the lounger beside her.

"Would you like a sun hat or some lotion?" Nate spoke in Italian to one of the ladies that was giving them wine. She brought a sun hat for Jenny.

Nate had Jenny put sun block on him. Then he went for a nap. Jenny looked at him sleeping. She loved his chiselled chest and strong arms. Every time she even just thought about him naked, she got a desire shiver deep inside. They were having plenty of amazing sex, but it was never enough for her. She couldn't stop touching him. Especially here in Italy. It could be due to all the wine she was drinking, but it also could be because she was worried that once summer was over, he'd dump her. She hoped that she was satisfying him.

Not realizing she was staring at him, she was surprised when Nate said, "I can feel you looking at me.  Am I turning red as a grape or something?" He opened one eye to glance her way.

"No, you are tanning, not burning.... sorry I didn't mean to wake you up."

Nate rolled over on to his side to face her. "No sorry required. How's your foot?"

"Better, it's not swollen, just a little tender. I'd like to go for a swim. Would you help me to my room so I can change?"

"No problem," Nate replied scooping her up into his arms. He smiled when she giggled.

They passed Chuck on his way to his room, flirting with three girls in Italian. He winked at them and then entered his room and closed the door. Jenny and Nate looked at each other and started laughing. Once in Jenny's room, he helped her out of her clothing. His hands caressing her as he went.  Nate knew he was driving her nuts, but admired her will power not to give in to temptation. She put on her bathing suit and had him put sun block on all her exposed skin. Then with as much of her determination as she could muster, she asked him to take her back to the pool. He nuzzled her neck, she groaned involuntarily.

"Nate... let's set a better example then Chuck. Show these Italians that we have some self control."

He laughed, kissed her nose and carried her to the pool. She tossed her towel on the lounger and then hobbled down the pool steps. The water was warm and so relaxing, she floated on her back. They had a water fight, then kissed a little.

Their intimate moment was interrupted by Mario. "I am being called away on business. I regret that I will not be here for a few days. Ciao bella. Good bye Nate my friend. Please tell Chuck I will meet with him again soon."

They said good-bye and Nate was particularly pleased. His eyes twinkled as they resumed kissing in the pool. He confessed to her, "I didn't really like Mario, I'm kind of glad he is gone."

"Ya, he did like to touch me a lot. I don't think it was appropriate all the time."

"Chuck had kind of warned me about him. I guess I should have told you too," Nate said.

Jenny looked at him thoughtfully, "you were testing me?"

He had the grace to look a little uncomfortable, "sort of. I can't help it."

"It's okay, your other relationships have been with cheaters, so it's understandable. But I'm not them."

He kissed away her words and they were getting out of the pool to dry off, when Chuck joined them. They told him about Mario having to leave. Chuck said that tomorrow he wanted to move on to the next destination anyway.

"Did you piss off some of the locals?" Jenny scolded gently.

"No the opposite, everyone wants to be with Chuck Bass."

Towels were thrown at his head, and Chuck laughed.

"I'm ready to go too, the food here is so delicious and rich. I've eaten too many pastries as it is. Same with the pasta." Nate said rubbing his completely flat stomach.

"So where to next?" Jenny probed.

"It's a surprise." Chuck said, dodging a launched hat.