CHAPTER #28

Once they landed in Ireland, a limo was already waiting to pick them up. They had decided to go to Dublin first and then the Cliffs of Moher. The Royal Marine Hotel was spectacular from the outside. Their room was satisfactory for Chuck and Nate. They had two beds, one for Chuck and one for Jenny and Nate to share. There was a spa which they all would be going to later. The pool would be visited in the evening. Jenny took pictures of it all and as per her mother's request, got some postcards.

"Either of you feel like going into the city for some pub food?" Nate asked.

"Sure, let me call a cab," Chuck answered.

Jenny sent her mom and dad a text message, that they had arrived in Dublin, Ireland just fine. She didn't get a reply back, but wasn't worried. "Should I take a jacket?"

"You could, sometimes it gets cooler in the evenings."

Jenny dug through her carry on and pulled out a jacket. Then she was ready. Chuck handed her fake id, "this is your new id, so memorize your info. Legal drinking age in Ireland is 21."

"Oh, thank you!" Jenny said excitedly and gave Chuck a quick spontaneous hug. Nate grinned.

"Enough of that, " Chuck dismissed.

Jenny laughed happily and let him go. The concierge called and said their cab was there. Jenny sat in the middle. She was happier still, when Nate took her hand into his. Chuck told the cabbie where to take them and they were on their way. Jenny commented on the country side, while Nate and Chuck educated her on Ireland.

When the cab left, Jenny whispered to Nate, "Oh my god, I love the Irish accent! Um, what did he just say?"

Nate translated and laughed, when she said, "oh, wow, I thought he said something totally different."

Chuck said, "shall we sit outside?"

They took chairs and sat down, amongst other people already laughing and enjoying beers. Nate ordered them a pitcher of beer and ask for some menus. He grinned as he watched Jenny try to decipher what was being said around her. The waitress returned with the beer and asked for Jenny's id. Satisfied, she poured them each a glass.

"I can't drink this. It's um, gross. Is it Guinness?" Jenny asked disgusted.

"No, but similar to that. You did ok though, half a glass. What a trouper!" Nate took pity on her and poured her glass into his. "Order some Irish whisky instead."

Jenny did as he suggested, but asked for a coke too. The waitress smiled and flirted with Chuck. "I didna think the lassie would drink the brew."

Chuck winked and said to the waitress, "it is an acquired taste. When do you get off work?"

"In an hour," came the quick reply.

Chuck smiled, "we will still be here."

Nate put his hand on Jenny's thigh and she looked over at him. He winked and she smiled. They both liked that Chuck was being his old self. They had some classic pub food and a few drinks. The waitress joined them and then invited them to a party at a friend's place. Chuck went, but Jenny and Nate headed back to the hotel. They decided to go for a swim in the luxurious pool. Both Jenny and Nate swam some laps. Then when they had the pool to themselves, they splashed around and then shared some watery kisses. By the time they returned to their room, Nate had a text from Chuck advising he wouldn't be returning until the morning.

"He's not going to be in this room for the whole three days, is he?" Jenny asked.

"Most likely not. When he booked the room, I think he already had that planned."