CHAPTER #10

It was race day. Jenny was up before Nate. She took a shower and was dressed by the time he started to wake up. She handed him a cold glass of water, some Advil and his sun glasses.

"Good morning," she said.

"Ugh."

"You feeling a little better today?"

"Thanks for helping me. I take it, I lost my key card?"

"Yup."

"Who's clothing am I wearing?"

"Chuck's."

"Did I make a huge ass of myself?" Nate asked as he went to the bathroom.

"Don't know. I think I saved you from doing so." Jenny said. "So what happened that you got so drunk?"

Nate came out of the bathroom. "I don't really want to talk about it."

She went to go stand on the balcony, with her back to him, while he called the front desk to get another key card for his room. Once Nate was done, he walked up to her and put his arms around her from behind. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be a jerk. I just can't deal with things right now."

"It's okay," Jenny said softly, leaning against his chest.

"No it's not. You've taken care of me and have been so nice. I'm sorry. Thank you for rescuing me again."

Jenny turned around and looked at him. He then said, "I want to kiss you so bad, but my breath probably smells like barf." He smiled as she laughed. "I didn't take advantage of you last night did I?"

"No, don't worry. We were both good. You passed out once you were well enough to get to the bed."

Nate hugged her again, then there was a knock at the door. They had a new key card for him. He told Jenny if she was ready, to come to his room and wait while he got ready. She came with him. He talked to her until he went into the shower. She gazed out the window waiting. Nate emerged with towel on and got his clothing to go change. He talked to her about last night's party. Once he was ready to go, he sent a text message to Chuck. They met Chuck by himself. He said that Blair was helping Serena, but wouldn't elaborate. Those two would meet them later. They had VIP seats to watch the race. Nate took more Advil when they got into the limo. His head was throbbing from the sun light.

"I have earplugs for everyone," Jenny said, handing them out.

Chuck said, "I doubt it will help Nate. You're looking a little green today buddy."

Nate didn't answer, just drank more water. Jenny grinned evilly at Chuck. "Once we get back to NY I will give back the clothing he wore, they need to be cleaned properly first."

Chuck snorted, "better just burn them." Jenny giggled.

Jenny asked, "what time is the flight leaving in the morning?"

Chuck said, "you can come with us again on the jet, so be at my room by 1am."

"Thanks." Jenny said.

A little later when they were waiting for the start of the race, Chuck got a text message from Blair. He showed it to Jenny, who shook her head. Nate had gone to the washroom. The text said, that Blair and Serena would be staying with Lilly for the rest of the week in Monte Carlo. She said unfinished business. They both knew that meant Carter.

"Do we tell him?" Jenny asked Chuck.

"I will later, for now he's hurting enough."

"Yah, I never thought a person could look so green."

Chuck grinned. "Don't judge, because one day it will happen to you too. It does to all of us, eventually."

Jenny didn't have a chance to reply, as Lilly and Rufus showed up and took their seats. Nate came shortly after. They watched the F1 teams give last minute instructions and remove the tire heater covers. Then everyone cleared the track. The drivers fell into formation as they left to do the warm up lap. There was a buzz of excitement in the air, that was contagious. All around them Jenny could see the fans, with their favourite team's flags, shirts and colours. The drivers took their positions at the start and the lights went on. The lights turned green and the drivers were off.  A lot of the race they saw on the JumboTron TV. There were a few accidents, which meant the pace car would come out.  Jenny thought to herself, that she wouldn't be surprised if Serena was riding in the pace car, but the cameras never zoomed in to check. The drivers constantly jockeyed for position, a few times down the straight away and many times in the curves. After 2 and a half hours, the race ended. There race to the finish line, was close. Jensen Button won the race and that is all that Jenny paid attention to. She loved watching them on the podium, especially when they did the celebratory champaign spray. Everyone began to clear our of their seats. Lilly and Rufus went to join the Prince. Chuck, Nate and Jenny headed for their limo, to return to the hotel.