CHAPTER #13

Serena and Nate had a long talk. She appealed to his protective, supportive nature and as she wanted, he forgave her. He told her she could lean on him through her mother's illness and reunion with her dad. Nate's focus was completely on Serena and he deserted Jenny.

To distract herself, Jenny hung out with Chuck. Every chance he got, he made sure that he and Jenny ran into Nate and Serena. Now that Chuck was single he wanted Nate to be too. In a way his gift to Nate was Jenny. Even without Chuck's interference, things were still strained between Nate and Serena. But Nate wasn't interested in Jenny either and began to resent her constant presence. Nate snapped at Jenny one night and told her to leave.

** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~**~ ~ ~ ~ ~ **

A few weeks later all hell broke loose. Serena and Nate broke up, Chuck slept with Jenny and Blair found out just as Chuck was about to propose marriage to her. Jenny's actions were the catalyst.  At first Rufus was forcing Jenny to go live with her mom in Brooklyn, then afterwards Jenny went willingly.  As she looked at her reflection in the buss window, Jenny wondered how much worse her life could get. She wrecked her family connections and lost the love of her life. And probably Chuck would cancel their contract. Even though her dad said her mom was happy to have her live there, her mom didn't sound like she was thrilled. As much as Jenny choked back her tears, they still poured down her face. This was a new start, she would survive.

Back in the Upper East Side, Nate was drinking away his sorrow. He was also using Chuck's little black book to have girls warm his bed. For now they would occupy the lonely ache in his heart. He appreciated Dan's call and they were still friends. Through Blair and via Gossip Girl he learned about Jenny and Chuck. Then also about Serena and Blair going to Paris. Nate looked at his empty glass and poured himself a Rusty Nail. He didn't want to think about Serena at all. He was glad Chuck left too, he didn't want to talk to him about Jenny. They were roommates, but for now they needed their space too.